Chapter two: At the enemy's lair

Start from the beginning

"Are you finding this uncomfortable, Sydney?" He uttered my name teasingly, ignoring what I've said. "Cause I'd like to stay in this position the whole day staring at your unguarded but cute reactions. This is quite fun." He gave me a wicked smile. This will not do. I gathered all my wits and stared at his dilated gray eyes, looking as calm as I could.

"Get off me, jerk." I pushed him again and I don't know if I'll be glad or disappointed that he sat up and let me go.

"OK, now enough with the fun. Before you think the worse of me, I didn't do anything bad even if I was tempted. He grinned at me boyishly. "I guess you're wondering why you're here." I gave him a Duh-it's-obvious-look. "You fainted after you got out of my car and I brought you here because I don't know where I should bring you---

"You should have brought me to the hospital." I accused and sat up straight.

"Well, It was on the spur of the moment. I didn't think about that." He grinned and scratched his beautiful chiseled jaw, looking like a lost boy and it somewhat distracted me. "I called a doctor though, she came here half an hour ago and got you checked. She said you need to eat properly. The reason why you fainted was because your stomach is empty." He said, a hint of disapproval is obvious in his voice. "C'mon, I made something for you. You should eat." He stood up and offered his hand to me. I just stared at it, frowning.

"I'm not hungry and I need to go--" My face reddened utterly from total embarrassment when my stomach grumbled loudly. Damn! Just what I needed! I silently cursed myself. He didn't laugh, but I can damn well see that he is just forcing himself to keep a straight face to stifle a laugh.

"Well, that's the cue. C'mon, don't tell me you're on some kind of a diet. You're thin enough already." He ran his eyes all over my body to examine me and it involuntarily sent shivers down to my spine. "The table is already set." He urged on. I sighed heavily.

"Fine. You don't know how to give up, do you?" I looked up at him feeling exasperated.

"Nah. Never-give-up is written all over my forehead, can't you see?" He jested. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Let's get it over, shall we?"

"Sure, oh and my shirt definitely looks hot on you." He said innocently. My eyes widen when I finally realized that I'm just wearing an oversize blue shirt under my undergarments.

"What the hell! You!--"

"You were soaking wet. I had no choice and I closed my eyes. Honest!" He burst out laughing after seeing my reaction and ran instinctively out of the room. I fiercely chased after him, but he was way too fast. I stopped midway when I felt dizzy again. I skipped breakfast and lunch today because of the photo shoot that's why I'm feeling dizzy right now---Shit! The photo shoot. Mom is definitely furious right now. Ugh! This is my lucky day. I thought ironically. I was almost on the top of the stairs when I swayed a bit. I instinctively grabbed the handrail to steady myself.

"Hey, are you OK?" He ran back to me with a worried look when he saw my unsteady stance. He didn't wait for me to answer and scooped me up in his arms.

"Damn it! Put me down!" I protested, but he just continued down the stairs ignoring my weak struggle. He only let me down when we've entered into the spacious dining area.

"Down you go." He grinned at me. I took that opportunity to kick him in the shin and to my delight, he knelt down in pain.

"Damn! I think you broke my leg." He complained, but I can see that he is amused.

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

"OK! OK! Got it, baby. Chill. You're so serious. What's your problem?" He grumbled raising his two arms in surrender.