Dean muttered.

"You want coffee?"

"Sure."

She nodded as she walked to the back corner of the small diner, entering the ladies' room.

"Hey, Dean, I'm going to go call Bobby to check up on Pamela, I'll be right back."

Dean held his head in hands as his elbows rested upon the table of the booth that he had claimed as his own.  He saw a waitress approaching from the corner of his eye, a notepad in her hands.

"What can I get for you?"

She hummed, and Dean smiled cocksurely at her.

"An order of fries, two slices of apple pie, and a cup of coffee that's half cream with two spoons of sugar."

The words rolled off his tongue unambiguously, as he knew his sister's preferred coffee order by heart, but the woman turned up her nose.

"Well, that's less a cup of coffee with cream and more a cup of cream with coffee."

She joked, and Dean sniggered.

"Believe me, I know.  It ain't for me, though."

The waitress smiled warmly at him as she finished jotting down the order.

"It'll be out in a jiff."

Dean's attention drifted elsewhere as Sam trudged back towards the table to inform his older brother of Bobby's news.

...

Meanwhile, Makayla was stooped over the sink in the bathroom, cold water dripping down her face as she splashed it up onto her cheeks.

Her entire body was trembling as it convulsed and writhed, her head swimming; she coughed towards the sink before launching herself on the filthy bathroom floor towards the toilet, emptying the contents of her stomach in the bowl as she wretched in pain.

She sputtered, three small tears trickling from her glossy green eyes and down into her vomit.  She grabbed the lever and flushed it with her shaky fingers, using the back of her hand to wipe at her mouth as she pulled herself back up to the sink.

More cold water met with febrile, dappled skin.  She sucked in desperate breaths of dank air, running a clammy hand through her hair, damp with perspiration.

Several seconds passed, and then it started all over again.

The room began to quake.  Her entire world began to reel as the high-pitched ringing ricocheted through her skull and permeated her entire world with unbearable pain.

Over the noise, however, came the voices.

Hundreds of them, beginning in hushed whispers, repeating the same heteroclite, unknown word over and over again until it completely overrode her senses and devastated everything inside of her.

"Solpetha."

She looked up into the mirror, bleary-eyed, and she choked on the lump in her throat when she saw his reflection in the mirror behind her;  his blue eyes piercing, his thick lips set into a straight light, his trench-coat unkept and crumpled.

Makayla breathed heavily as the voices continued to scream in her ears, and she whipped around impossibly fast, only to find her mystery man was nowhere to be found.

And suddenly, silence.

...

Dean's eyes only raised from his apple pie to watch as his sister made her way back to the booth, her hands buried in her pockets and a few strands of hair falling lightly in her face.