Chapter three

Daryl's POV

*

*

Me and Merle were walking back to the prison from saving Glenn and Maggie, from Woodbury. I missed my brother. I thought he was dead back at Atlanta. He's one tough son ova bitch. Shit... He's always been. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle.

We've been walking for a short time when we heard of somewhat, 3 gun rounds. It was a girl who was on the ground with a walker about to rip her neck open. I raised my crossbow and shot the hideous thing. After she pleaded thank you, more gunshots rang to my ears. The prison.

The prison was soon in sight and Rick was trapped by two walkers. what was he doing outside the fences?

Merle helped me kill them but there was an odd truck. They let the back of the vehicle drop and walkers poured out. Hershel was lying down trying to avoid the small horde. It was too late. Some spotted him and Rick used his Colt Python to shoot at the dead bodies while all of us and Nichole, made our way to the courtyard. I knew why she really wanted to help. She wanted to attempt to stay. But it's going to take a lot to get threw Rick. Just thinking about it makes me chuckle.

Good luck, Nichole.

"Hershel!" Rick yelled, shooting a few walkers that were to close to him. Once we made it inside the fences, Nichole went running to the older man. Helping him up and started to lead him to the safety of the prison. I don't exactly trust her yet so I follow, shooting down the dangerous creatures in our path. I'm still hearing gunshots then one misses my foot. To close for comfort.

"Go! go! Put your heads down!" When we arrive to the safest place I know, I bring the two in cell block C.

"Go into your cells and stay there."

"No, I'm helping you." She said, refusing to obey me.

"No. You rolled your ankle. You need to stay."

"Forget about that. I want to help. Please." She was holding her weapon tight in her hands. I knew she was serious.

I didn't want to argue with this girl. So I solve my own problem by just walking away. But of course. She follows my footsteps.

"I said stay, woman!" and with that, I started my way to kill these bastards.

I could automatically tell it was The Governor. This was "payback" for jumping them to save Glenn and Maggie. It was his own damn fault.

The Governor's group retreats and now we have a courtyard full of rotting bastards. Fuck, and with the first gates trampled down more are able to come in.

A few days later, Nichole and I got to know each other better. Her ankle was slowly healing from Hershel's treatment. I enjoyed it, I found out she was the chick who killed the squirrel a long ass time ago, way back when.

I was out walking the fences and courtyard from boredom. I was joined by Nichole. It was silent between us for a few minutes but she broke it. "Daryl?"

"Yeah," I said, gruffly.

"Do you, uh... Think you could teach me how to, shoot your crossbow?" I've never seen her this nervous. Kinda cute how she played with her fingers when she was shy about whatever.

"My dad never showed me. He was going to, but... Then this all happend." She hesitated before I spoke up. "Yeah, it will be better if you knew how to shoot almost everything. Crossbows are damn easy."

"Really?! Well, for you there easy, you must have grown up using one, when you shot that ass threw one ear an out the other. Thank you!" She exclaimed while throwing her arms around me. I wasn't used to this kind of, affection. So...I just sat there a little awkward, till she let go, and smiled. "Okayy, Okayy. I get it, damn girl," I said with a small smirk.

Even though it was starting to get dark, I could see her blushing. I looked at her from the side and a small smile appeared on my face. She saw me and covered her face with her hands.

I decided to break the little silence between us, "I'll come wake you in the morning, so we can practice." I say.

"Deal," she said with a smile and trotted off. I couldn't help but look at her perfect figure.

So yeah. I looked at her. It was like a sweet treat for my eyes. What? I can't help it, I'm a guy. Judge me all you want, but damn ...

//

//

Authors note.

So I know that is nothing what the actual Daryl would do, but it is a love story after all. I'm going to try and update like a normal person now.

Thank you for all the votes guys !!! And the reads I have, for how new the book is !! I LOVE it !! ♡♥︎♡♥︎