"I hate to interrupt you Bella but we're going to miss our nail appointment!" Mia shouted as she ran back from out the water.

"I guess I'll see you later then..." I said to Austin as I grabbed all my things together and began to walk towards the changing rooms.

He instantly pulled me back and whispered into my ear "I have a surprise for later." And before I could say another word, he walked away.

Ugh. I hate not knowing things.

***

Kayla, Mia and I were sat in the nail salon waiting for our nails to dry. The smell of the nail polish makes me feel so dizzy, I couldn't wait to get out of here. Although my nails do look amazing! I had a rich red colour painted to match my dress.

Nails sorted.

Dress sorted.

Makeup and hair will be done by Mia.

Earrings sorted.

All I need now are heels...I cannot stop thinking about those perfect silver heels which would look stunning alongside my red dress. Ugh forget about them Bella!

"So who is this mystery man?" I heard Mia ask Kayla.

"I haven't got a clue . I have asked everyone to try and find out...Maybe it was just a prank?" Kayla responded. I hate the fact that i haven't told them but I also don't want to upset Mason.

"It might be someone we're familiar with...maybe even someone close?" I pointed out, trying to make it somewhat possible to guess.

We began to guess the names of who it could be, I joined in not wanting to look suspicious.

"Jamie?" No "Aiden?" No "Short Sammy with the brown hair?" No "Mason?"

"Of course it's not Mason! Don't be silly." Kayla stated with a laugh. I didn't really know how to respond to that without making it obvious that she was wrong. I'm not sure how Kayla would react when she finds out it was Mason, I think that she would say yes so his offer. He's such a sweet guy.

Once we were finished getting our nails done we decided to go into the café that we go to every Thursday. We ordered our drinks and sat down at our usual table. They do  the best hot chocolates here.

"I am so excited that Riley and I are going to the ball, I even convinced him to get a matching pink tie that will go with my dress!" Mia screeched, I could tell she was the most excited about the ball. "Oh and Bella, don't think I haven't noticed those earrings sparkling all day. Austin did well."

"I cannot believe he brought them for me! He said he had another surprise for me but I don't know what it is yet." I began to say before being interrupted by the waitress.

"I have been asked to hand this drink to a brown haired girl...silly me I have forgotten the name of who i was supposed to give it to" She explained. After saying thanks to the women she walked off, leaving us confused.

"Oh look it has a message on the cup." Kayla pointed out.

'Surprise...meet me in the diner ASAP' was written on the outside of the cup. I looked up to see Kayla and Mia both staring at me grinning.

"Bella it's obviously for you!" Kayla exclaimed, although she is also brunette.

"What are you waiting for...GO!" they both shouted, I picked up my bag and hurried to the diner. Oh Austin you are full of surprises.

***

I walked with a bounce in my step from the anticipation...Was this Austin's surprise that I've been waiting all day for?

The last time Austin and I went to the diner was not a very good memory...it's crazy to think how much other people's opinions bothered me a few weeks ago.

Almost there...do you ever get that rush of adrenaline running through your veins when you're on a roller-coaster? Yeah well that's how I feel. It's either that or nerves.

Finally I took a deep breath and opened the door to the diner, nerves had overtaken my body and I began to second guess myself.

I looked over to the booth where I saw somebody sitting down, however a huge bouquet of roses was completely covering their face.

This doesn't seem like something Austin would do...Maybe it's not him.

Oh please don't be Jake.

As I got closer to the booth, I noticed on the table were two chocolate sundae's positioned on a plate. In the middle of the plate was a message written with chocolate sauce saying 'Will you go to the ball with me?'

My heart melted when I saw the message. As cute as this is, I find it very hard to believe Austin did this...What if I went to the wrong table? I looked around to double check but I didn't recognise anybody in here.

"Hey." I said silently waiting to see who was sitting behind the flowers. The roses were pushed to the side and I locked eye to eye with "Mason?!"

"Bella! What are you doing here?" Mason said as he took a deep breath, he obviously looked stressed out. "This was meant for Kayla..."

I couldn't help but laugh at the mix up however looking at Mason's face he wasn't finding it very funny. "Mason calm down." I said as I sat opposite to him. "Kayla's a simple girl and you are both friends, you don't need to be so nervous."

"And loosen up a little." I exclaimed leaning over the table as I unbuttoned the top of his shirt, it was so high up his neck I'm surprised he could still breathe.

"You're right...I just don't know how she will react." He replied "Maybe this was a bad idea." He stood up about to ditch the plan for the second time.

"Mason do not move!" I replied as I got my phone out to call Kayla.

*on the phone* "Hi Kayla...turns out the message was for you. I found your mystery man!" I said giggling down the phone.

"She's on her way...be calm and good luck." I reassured Mason before walking out of the diner.

I made my way back to my dorm, a little disappointed about it not being my surprise though. I am happy that Mason finally got the courage to ask Kayla though.

I noticed Jake standing outside the girl's dorm entrance. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and pretended to be on it so he could see that I'm busy. After dodging Jake, I made my way to my room where I got a text from Austin.

Austin – "Have you seen your surprise yet?"

Me – "No...where is it?"

Austin – "Text me back when you see it."

His reply was blunt, making me feel anxious as though he was going to jump out at any moment. I opened the door and instantly noticed a large box positioned on top of my bed. The box had silver glitter covered all over with black ribbon tied around.

I untied the ribbon and pulled off the lid. If I thought the earrings were amazing...Austin has outdone himself with this.

Sitting in the box were the perfect pair of silver heels...the ones from the boutique that Austin and I had went to. They sparkled just like my earrings and my body filled with excitement.

As I took out the other shoe I noticed there was something at the bottom of the box. There lay two tickets for tomorrow's ball and a note which read 'A shoe fit for a princess who is ready for the ball – Austin.'

***

Hello! I'm back and sorry, i know it has been ages since my last update...Happy New Year.

I have been looking through the comments and been wanting to update for a while but i was unsure where to go with this story.

I have written this chapter in 2 days so i am sorry if there are any mistakes. Could you let me know if you would like me to finish this story completely.

Thankyou!