Chapter 1 - The Arena

"Crimson! We are gonna be late!"

"Alright, alright I'm coming"

"Now remember, today we get our Crystal and I hope you learned how to catch your first pokemon, because we don't know what kind of pokemon we will encounter in the arena and linking with them for the first time so that we can capture the first pokemon is not an easy task.. "

"Come on now Silver, it can't be that hard to link with a pokemon who isn't strong enough."

"Still this is our first time, but I've had training with my father while you only used books."

Crimson looks away a little upset.

"Silver, that doesn't mean YOU are the best."

"I'm sorry Crimson I didn't mean it like that." With a smurk on his face Silver added.
"But I AM, a faster runner! Last one there is a rotten egg!"

Crimson and Silver, just had their birthday, Crimson turned 12 while Silver 13, at the age of 12 in ancient Kanto, children where considered old enough to receive the catching stones These stones would be wore around like a necklace, and then they would go to the arena to face a pokemon with their bare hands so that after that they can use that first pokemon to catch other pokemon. Silver was waiting for Crimson to turn 12 since they grew up together, Silver wanted to go with him to the arena.

"Crimson look! Kids from other regions" said Silver.

But out of all the others, one caught Crimson's eye's..

"Who is she?" Crimson looked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I think I've seen her before." Said Silver.

"You have? Really? Do you know her name?" Crimson asked anxiously.

"Calm down Crim! I said I've seen her but I'm not sure"

The girl looked in their direction, she smiled and kept walking..

"Hey Crimson snap out of it!" Said Silver loudly.

"Okay! Alright!, come on Silver let's go inside and meet the Master"

"Now you're talking let's go!"

The Arena was a big colosseum made with marble pillars and stacked stones walls stuck together with cement, the shape of the Arena was a half moon for it was built at the entrance of a big cave, from which lower level pokemon can come out and be caught at this event.

"Look Silver there she is" whispers to Silver.

"Yeah, oh! Wait I have seen her before."

"Really?"

"Yes!, remember my martial arts class?"

"Yes, the one that I didn't want to join."

"Exactly, well she was there and, umm she kinda kicked my butt all around."

"Jajaja I would have loved to see that."

"Hey! I was a nooby"

"Yeah yeah, excuses"

Silver gets upset but stays calm.. Suddenly the girl came.

"Hi ! My name is Shania pleased to meet you!"

With a nervous chuckle Crimson reply.

"Uhh Hi!"

"His name is Crimson, and mine is Silver, hey you were in my martial arts class right?"

"Yes! Its been a while. I had to leave after that day because my father wanted to sail into the ocean, he heard a rumor about a legendary pokemon, and just wanted to see if it was true."

Both Silver and Crimson astounded by Shania, they say at the same time.

"Wow! Amazing!"

-Shania smiles-

"Jaja you guys sound like twin brothers"

"What? Come on!" Says Silver

"Silver don't be upset she is joking!"

"Oh!.. Sorry jeje."

"Umm hey Shania so, did your dad see it?" Asked Crimson

"No, we searched and searched but to no avail, so he said we will one day see that legendary pokemon. And after that, he brought me back and just in time for my birthday so here I am."

"Oh man, well I for one will see at least one legendary, plus be a Master Trainer!" Said Crimson

"Speaking of Master, Oh No! Everybody left !! They're all inside!!" Said Silver

Surprised, Crimson Silver and Shania rushed inside and made it just in time and they where about to call out their names for recording those who became young trainers that day.

"And finally we have Shania and Cyan from the Jotho region and Crimson and Silver from Kanto" said the anouncer

"Now, without further ado, I present to you young trainers Master Marius."

A big applause followed, and Master Marius came down on a Fearow.

"Thank you my friend and welcome young trainers! Today is your first day as pokemon trainers but first, you have to catch your first pokemon in the arena with your bare hands and use the stone crystal to link with the pokemon and finally use the Crystal Ball, to catch."
"I know it sounds complicated but that's the first step for becoming a trainer."

The young trainers were ready for the test and in order, they all received their Crystal Stone, because Crimson and Silver where from Kanto they got to go first.