2

We walked inside together and went into the kitchen. I sat down at the table and put my head on the table. Diego walked behind my chair and tied my hair up using the hair tie that was on my wrist.

"Come on let's go up stairs" I say as I get up

We sat in my bed and watched 'stranger things' for a few hours. I lay down next to Diego and put my head on his chest.

"Stay tonight please"
"Ok come on let's go to sleep"
I turn off my tv and pull the covers over Diego and I.

"Thank you for tonight"
"Your welcome Sophie"

He wrapped his arm pulling my closer to his chest. I fell asleep on him and woke up the next the morning.
I look at him and he was still asleep. Lucky it was Saturday, it was 11am. Damn it's Saturday, I have to leave in a few hours.
I lay in bed but am forced to get up by a vomiting feeling in my stomach. I lean over the toilet vomiting. I knew it was the xans last night.
I heard Diego getting up so I flush the toilet and go to the sink to wash my face.

"You sick baby?"
"Last nights xans..."
"They pharmacy or fake"
"Pharmacy gosh I'm not stupid enough to take fake but just enough to take to many"
"What's going on?"
"I'm best friend killed herself a few weeks ago and she was there when Toby wasn't so it's been hard."

I could see the sorrow in his eyes and he hugged me.

"I'm sorry" he whispered in my ear
"I have to get ready for the funeral" I say pushing him out of the way and walking into my room, trying not to cry.

I couldn't get close to him, especially if he was anything like Toby. Plus he is a rapper so I'm just another girl to him. He didn't really care.
I pull out my phone and see a few texts from Toby.

Yesterday 10:49
You are so stupid for doing that.
You don't deserve me

Today 10:24
I'm so sorry about last night.
Please let me make it up to you

I'll come over after the funeral
I don't know if I can keep doing this
Toby, I'm getting to hurt

Please trust me babygirl, I didn't mean
to hurt you like that

I'll talk to you later 💔

I put my phone down and grabbed my dress from my wardrobe. A week before Ella died, we went shopping and got matching black dresses for some photo shoot thing. I missed her so much.
I could hear Diego having a shower so I thought it was the perfect time to go down and eat breakfast. I take out a bowl and my lucky charms and make some cereal.
I eat it as I go through Instagram. I check some people's stories and '#awarenessforella' was on a heap of people's stories.
They didn't know who she was until she was dead. It made me sick to think that they pushed her to the edge then tried to act all innocent when she was gone. Only I was there for it all.

I see Diego walking down the stairs with his boxers on so I put my bowl in the sink.

"I'm going to take a shower and get ready but can you take me to my car?"
"Yeah sure we'll leave when your ready"

At least he wasn't talking about Ella, geez Toby just made fun of her death. Saying things like 'if she was a normal person, she'd be alive' or 'People made fun of her because she was depressed, don't blame them for her killing herself'.
I couldn't believe that I was going to see Toby again but it's whatever. He kept me safe when I went out downtown and was there for me when I really, really needed him.

I got into the shower washing my hair and my face. I eventually finished and blow dried my hair. I did a natural makeup look with a nude lip look with a small amount of highlighter.
I put my dress on and put on my small heels. I grabbed my purse and my phone and went down stairs.

"Ready to leave" Diego asked
"Sure"
"You look really pretty" he said as he followed me out the door.
"I have a boyfriend" I say sarcastically
"Mmh"

We got in his car and started to drive to the Chinese restaurant. After about 10 minutes of silence, Diego finally said something.

"Are you going to break up with Toby?"
"I don't think so, why?"
"He is trash"
"You haven't even met him before so don't jump to conclusions"
"Sorry but he is and I don't want you to be with him anymore"
"Ok well I'll see what he says this afternoon"
"What? Your seeing him this afternoon"
"He just wants to talk"
"That's not safe, call me if you need me to pick you up"

We stop at a red light so I hand him my phone with contacts open. He puts his number in then starts to drive again. He saved his name as 'Diego 💔'

"Why don't you want me to see him?" I asked wanting him to say he was jealous
"You shouldn't be hurt like that and I know I'm a hypocrite for saying not to hurt a girl but I would never physically hurt a girl"
"Mmh"

I didn't know if I should ask about his past relationships or if he has a girlfriend or something about him personally.

"Why did you want me to stay last night?"

Gosh this felt like truth or dare but without the dare. We just ask each other questions till we run out.

"I wanted to feel like a guy could hug me and not hurt me a few hours later" I could barely hold myself together. I was so sick of life, "I wanted someone to wake up next to me and not call me the crazy girl with the friend who killed herself or..." before I could finish we drove next to my car and he got out.

I got out as well and walked over to him. He gave me a hug.

"Call me tonight" he said as he handed me his phone.

I put my contact in as 'Sophie 💔'

"I will, thank you" I said giving him another hug.

He pulled away then started kissing me, instead of pulling away I kissed him back. He held my face then kissed my forehead.

"I'll talk to you later babe" he said walking to his car

I went over to my car and got in it, starting to sob. I really did need to break up with Toby. I grabbed my handbag from under my car and took two xans before driving away.