Chapter 2

-Jake

"Mate!" My wolf shouted at me.

He stares at my eyes while I stare at his. Blonde hair, Icy blue eyes, Fair skin, and Handsome face. He is beautiful. I noticed that he has tattoos all around his body and that he wasn't wearing a shirt. Just an unzipped jacket that showed his abs. The tattoos he is wearing, I heard that they are called 'runes'. The marks that Shadowhunters draw on their skin to enhance their strength, speed, etc.

I feel my eyes turn yellow, which means that my wolf was taking control. I felt the sudden urge to take him and bite his neck, marking him as mine. I have found my mate. But he was a guy? I was getting confused. I know that I'm gay but why did my mate should be a guy? By the looks of him, I know that he's straight. I heard that it's a crime for Shadowhunters like him to be gay. If I don't make a move on him, my wolf will be growling and shouting at me for not mating with him. I heard that werewolves that got rejected by their mate gets sick and dies. If I make a move on him, he might fall in love with me and he will be breaking Shadowhunter law. Who knows what punishment will await him if he falls for me.

As I was deciding what to do, he brush past me. Leaving my wolf howling at me to make him come back.

*****

I shot up my bed, waking me up, realizing that it was only just a dream. Why did I had a dream about him? Of course, because he's my mate. I just met him last night and I already had a dream about him. But it was more of a flashback. Sweat was covering my bare chest. I usually sleep without any top. The bed was wet because of the sweat, but I didn't gave it any attention. I couldn't get those icy blue eyes out of my mind.

The clock on my bedside table tells the time - 5:00 A.M. I jump off the bed and went to the shower. If I don't find that demon slayer soon, my wolf would be growling at me every night and I might just have that dream over and over again every time I sleep. Where could I find such a handsome Shadowhunter? Somewhere with many demons. Of course! As a Shadowhunter, he would be in a place with many demons to slay. Just where exactly?

I strip off my underwear and hopped on the shower, turning the water on to clear my mind and think of where he would go. Nightclubs? Malls? Restaurants? Groceries? All these thinking will give me brain damage. Scrubbing the oil, sweat, and dirt out of my body, I kept on thinking.

*****

I get dressed with a pair of skinny jeans, a black sleeveless shirt, converse high cut, and a black leather jacket. I still haven't figured out where a Shadowhunter like him would be. Frustration is running on my mind, but I struggle to refuse in letting it take over me.

I went downstairs, since it's very early in the morning, no one would be awake at this time of the day. I managed to tiptoe to the door, allowing myself to skip breakfast. I really had no appetite for it. All I care was finding my Shadowhunter mate. And what do I do when I find him? I have no idea.

Of course, a Shadowhunter like him with six-pack abs would be straight. He would really reject me. It was like i'm making my rejection faster. 'Get ready to be rejected and die, Jake!' I shout at myself in my mind.

I slip out of the house and into my motorcycle. I still haven't figure out where to find him.

Of course! I'm such an idiot! Of course all Shadowhunters would be in the California Institute. That's where he would be! Gosh! Why didn't I think of that earlier?

I turn on the engine of my motorcycle. Loud and clear was the noise it made. I just hope it didn't wake anybody up in the pack house. The people there will just stall me. I hop in the fine leather part of the motorcycle and zoomed out of the place.

*****

-Alex

I woke up with the sunlight hitting my eyes. It hurts! Stupid curtains, why didn't I think of closing you?!?! My bare chest was always the first I think about since it gets cold because of the icy wind.

I didn't have time to take a shower. I just put on a black shirt and pants and head to the training center.

Silver walls, tiled floors and stashed weapons greeted me once I get to the training center. Precious is at the knife throwing station. It's just me and her training here again. She's such an early riser while the others are not.

I head to the archery station. The target is at least 30 yards away and it has pinpoints around it, specifically the chest, forehead, stomach and the temples. The metallic bow and at least 50 silver arrows sits beside the line where we should be when shooting. Archery has always been what I'm good at. I grab the metallic bow and an arrow. Load, aim, fire!!! And the arrow went flying straight to the chest.