Chapter 1

-Alex

I walk the street with the rain pouring and the moon gleaming. I couldn't care less about the rain. With my shadowhunting jacket and it's hood on my head, the rain didn't wet my blonde hair. The quiver of arrows still packed at my back, I grip my bow tighter as I heard those footsteps. I scan the perimeter to see that no single mundane is here. At the fright of a sneak attack by demons, I ready myself in a defensive stance. Attacking whoever dare to harm me.

You see, I had this stupid problem which really bothers me. And that problem is that I've always been attracted to men. You've got that right. I'm a big GAY.

The noise stops and the wind blows, stating no one is here. I cancel my stance and continue walking back to the institute. California has been a busy state for mundanes. So it was weird seeing that no one was in the street with phones in their ears or carrying suitcases. I realized that I wasn't wearing a shirt, just an unzipped jacket that's showing my six-pack abs. But I didn't care about it. I was already used to roaming the streets without a shirt.

I take a sharp right at the street and bump into the darkest eyes I have ever seen. His eyes and hair are jet black, yet beautiful, tanned skin, handsome face and muscular body. His height 6'0 like me and I can't stop staring at him.

I was surprised to see he was staring at my icy blue eyes as well, which means he is not a mundane. Vampire perhaps? No. His eyes are not red. Warlock? No. He should have cat eyes. Demon? He doesn't have the signs. And then I noticed, his black eyes dissolving like chemicals and slowly changing into golden yellow like the sun. Werewolf.

Like I said, No room for romance. Plus, werewolves have mates. Which are girls. Which means if I make a move on him, I will be stealing him from his mate. You know what I did? I brush past him. Leaving him in silence.

*****

I enter the gate to the institute and slid myself in. Before closing the gate again. The institute cannot be seen by mundanes like us Shadowhunters. Unless we wanted them to. Walking past the front yard filled with plants and flowers, I ignore them. Continuing at getting back home.

Grabbing the doorknob, cold and stiff, I didn't care less about wetting the institute doorstep. The only thing in my mind was I am home. The institute where Shadowhunters live. Ever wondered why I have six-pack abs even though I'm gay? The reason is because I kept on hanging around with my friend Kyle. He's also a Shadowhunter. He's flirty with me which made me think that he's into me. He always hang out in the gym where I see him often in his free time. I wanted to know him better so I always hang out with him in the gym.

His elder brother Matthew told me that he's flirty to anyone hot. And it ultimately made me realized that he was not into me, giving up in the process. But I wasn't heartbroken by him. Because it was what I expected. For the weeks, I really thought he likes me. I know. I'm handsome, hot, and a chick magnet. But I don't use those advantages of mine.

I let myself in the institute, didn't care if the floor gets wet because of the rain. I just continue walking at the stairs. The only thing to do now was get to my room and rest. Before I was interrupted by the calm and worried voice of my cousin. Precious.

"Where were you?" She asks with her usual calm and soothing tone. I didn't think about anything and I turn around to face her at the bottom of the stairs.

"I was slaying demons!" I answer back with a little anger. "As usual!"

"If you're gonna be slaying, it could be at least better if you told us!" Her voice raising. "You could have been in danger!"

I didn't answer her and I continue back in my tracks. Ignoring anything else she would blurt out on my face. She was right though, I should have told them I was gonna be hunting. But I also wanted to be alone. I hate demons. Their slimy, evil grins were getting on my nerves. It was like being infected like a virus. Getting you sick slowly.

Once I reach the silver metallic doorknob of my room, I wondered. Why did I hate demons so much? So much that I would sneak out of the institute every night to slay them. Not worrying if I was in danger. I just wanted them vanished with the wind, not harming another mundane.

As my hand was already placed in the doorknob, the feeling of a warm hand at my shoulder crept on my skin. Turning around, I see his height 5'9 with hazelnut hair and green eyes who was Staz.

"Where did you went this time?" His expression not mad nor worried.

"Hotel Démoñita!" I answer him.

"The old abandoned hotel?" He ask. I nod. "You could have brought me as well! I was getting bored here!"

I got inside my room and slam the door at his face, not thinking what his reaction would be. He was almost a nuisance. Locking my door to prevent anyone from entering, I noticed. Why would I lock my door? It was years since someone else entered here. The last person who entered this room who wasn't me was my annoying younger brother Emmet. He entered my room to piss me off. He knew I get mad when someone else enters my room, he ended up getting beaten up by me.

I threw my bow in my closet and the quiver of arrows in my cabinet. With that, I took off my jacket and went to bed. I didn't care about the bed getting wet. Tiredness was taking over me to do stuff like letting the bed get wet because of my wet clothes. It took a while for me to notice that I was already falling asleep. And the last thing I thought about was that black hair and eyes, tanned skin, and handsome face I bumped in earlier, wishing I get to bump into him again some other time.