Part 11: Down With Lazarević

Start from the beginning

I push open the door and we burst inside, looking around to find Schäfer lying on the ground, badly wounded. "Oh no..." Elena trails off and we run over to him, kneeling down to his level. Elena pats his arm reassuringly, "It's okay. We're here."

Karl opens his eyes and looks between the three of us. "You were right," he states and turns his attention to Nate.

"About what?" Nate asks him.

"Everything you touch does turn to shit." Karl coughs and Nate pats his shoulder.

"All right, c'mon- we're going to get you out of here."

Nate tries to help Schäfer up, but the he refuses. Elena turns to me while I stare at Karl, "What do we do?" she asks me.

"He's not going to make it. Let's listen to what he has to say," I whisper to her, and she frowns.

"Did you find my expedition?" Schäfer asks me, and I nod my head.

"Yes- we found them."

"Then you understand what I had to do."

"You made the right decision."

"If they had found the Stone... it would have changed the course of history." Karl coughs again, and I rub his back. "He took the dagger-"

"We know," Nate tells him and Schäfer looks at him.

"He's gone to the tower... you have to stop him," Karl tells us while groaning in pain. "This monastery hides the secret path to Shambhala. You must get the dagger back... find the secret path... and destroy the Stone before he gets his hands on it. [L/Name]... Drake... you have to believe."

He coughs heavily, before leaning back and taking his last breath. "Rest in peace," I whisper, while moving his hand so it rests on his necklace. "Never thought I'd say that to someone who used to work for the Nazis."

"We can't just leave him," Elena states as we all stand up.

"What choice do we have? You heard him," Nate tells her, and she frowns.

"Do you think all this really could be true?" she questions, and I look at her.

"He believed it, and that's enough for me. Plus it's not like we've never seen legends and curses before," I say while turning and walking out of the room.

"Okay-" Nate starts when Elena cuts him off.

"I think I should split up from you two," she says, and I narrow my eyes, until she explains further, "I'll go scope out the secret entrance thing and you two go to the tower and figure out how to get that dagger back."

"Sounds like a good plan. You stay safe, and keep us updated when you can," I tell her and she nods, handing me a radio before jogging off. Once she's out of sight, I turn to Nate, "That means we're off to the tower."

He nods and we jog across some planks and jump over to a rope. I jump and grab it first, swinging and leaning my body to the right so I head in the direction of a wooden platform.

Once I'm close enough, I jump onto it and walk across a narrow plank to a hole in the wall. I lean against the railing and watch Nate swing over and cross over the plank, joining my side.

"There's the tower," Nate says while pointing to the building not so far Northwest of us.

"Then let's go," I say and we both jump across to the rooftop opposite of us. We land on the roof and crouch down, taking cover behind a part of the roof that is raised higher than the rest.

A soldier runs out of a small room on the top of the roof and I pull out my bow and an arrow. I line up the shot and shoot him in the head, killing him instantly. Another guard comes out and sees the body, but before he can say anything, I shoot an arrow into his throat.