┋┊Six┊┋

There were two types of people, and Maggie was quick to determine who was who.

There were those who chose to throw a personal party upon stepping onto earth. They ran rampant around the area, throwing leaves and tasting the air. Everything was new to them; so fresh, so clean.

Then, there were those people who were clearly in a panic. The only two she noticed right away were Clarke Griffin and Finn Colins, two people she had never gotten along with. Clarke was hung up over reading a map, and Finn was hovering over her, agreeing with every word she said.

Maggie watched from a distance, unaware that she was being watched herself. The two Johns, Murphy and Mbege stood by the drop ship, planning their next move. Murphy wanted revenge, and since no authority was present, he could go about his business without any repercussions.

Their cover was blown when a twig snapped under Mbege's feet, and Maggie twirled around and swung a punch at them, nearly hitting Murphy. "I'd run if I were you," she told them, wasting no time in threatening them.

"I think it's the opposite," he told her with a glare of menace. "You should be the one running."

"If I'm not mistaken, the last time I saw you, I bashed your head in," she recalled, her voice firm. "And I've gotten stronger since then."

"So have I," he said threateningly. "So you'd better watch your back, Keagan."

"And you'd better sleep with one eye open," she warned. "Same goes for you, Mbege." With a turn of her heel, she left.

She walked in the direction of Clarke and Finn, knowing that if someone was going to form a plan of action, it would be them. One thing Maggie realized when the drop ship landed was this: they made the rules now. The Ark's radio broke, and there was no way to contact them. As far as they knew, everyone died in the crash.

And someone would have to take Jaha's place. There could be no civilization without some sort of order, and Maggie knew that Clarke and Finn would already have their hands in the middle of forming a government, and she wanted her rightful place as the head of the guard. Of course there would be a guard; who knew what dangers were in front of them?

"We're on the wrong damn mountain," Clarke said with a sigh. "All the food and supplies are on Mount Weather! It's going to be a long hike there and back."

"Then we'd better get moving," Maggie said, interrupting them. Finn and Clarke turned towards her, and she smiled at them. "Maggie Keagan, my father is a high ranking member the guard."

"I know who you are," Finn said. "You're the one who assisted in arson. Used up a hell of a lot of the Ark's oxygen."

"And you used twice as much as I did during that little space walk," she retorted. "But who's counting? Anyway, I heard there's a food problem."

"Yes, and a big one at that," Clarke said. "All the supplies Jaha promised us are on the mountain over there." The blonde girl pointed across the way.

Maggie squinted her eyes. "Looks like we'll have to cross a river, then climb all the way to the top. And even then, the supplies might have been damaged over the years. Might take a day—half a day if we're fast."

"When you say 'we,' who are you referring to?" Clarke asked.

Maggie shrugged. "I thought you'd be tagging along, seeing as you've got the fancy map, but if you want me to go alone—"

"No, that's not what I meant," she said. "It's just that the three of us will never be able to carry all the supplies back on our own."

"So find some more people," Maggie told her. "There are a hundred of us here."