Kurapika x Pianist!Reader

(Your Pov)

My passion was everything I've ever had . After being sold by my father to the Nostrade's Family because of my overwhelming talent , I had nothing left but the sheets of music and the tones coming out from the instrument I always loved . I was imprisoned in their mansion , going out from my room to the music room every night to play the piano . I refused to make bonds with others , scared they'd come at one point to betray me , just like my family did .

But this night , I wasn't ordered to play the piano , I just wanted to . It was relaxing to me and I've had a nightmare a few minutes ago .

It was late at night so everybody was asleep . And my piano playing was known across the world for soothing people to sleep so I need not worry about waking anyone up .

My fingers slide across the keys and my tears fall with each tone .

I don't know for how long I've been playing but I've always lost count of time when I played .

...

(Second View POV )

You didn't notice that a newcomer was standing by the door of the music room , your playing has led him curiously to here . Kurapika slowly entered in , the beautiful music is like a magnet , pulling him inside . You didn't hear his footsteps or feel a presence behind you . You were far too absorbed in what you were doing . But your sobs made him stop . You were letting all out while punching the keys . The music's rhythm grew louder with how your emotions were but you didn't seem to stop . Kurapika , without realization , hugged you tight from behind .

You screamed , obviously startled from what just happened . Your playing stops and you turned arount in a swift .

"Wh-who are you ?!" You stepped away from the warmth that had been around you . Your blush was obvious , no one -moreover a guy- has touched you before .

He raised up his hands in defense , "I'm Kurapika! The new bodyguard! The music got me here and I saw you crying and..uh..um" he seemed to struggle on words , he was in a panic state after touching you without permission .

You giggled . "He's cute.." you thought to yourself . He actually looked good too . His blonde hair shined even in the dim light .

"Well thank you.." you finally said and he gives you a questioning look .

"You..um..wanted to comfort me even though you don't know me.." you hugged yourself as you said so , remembering what made you cry in the first place . You sniffed again and Kurapika stepped closer , somehow in panic again .

"No , don't cry! Or I'll hug you again ." He blushed furiously and you did too , forgetting anything else . He scratched the back of his neck .

"Sorry , um..what's your name ?" He changed the subject .

"(Y/N) "

"That's a really cute name...scratch that , it sounds cheesy ." He laughed nervously and you giggled for the second time . You didn't realize it by then , but you were finally free from your grief . Here you were , making a friend .

(Timeskip!)

It was not only a friend . Kurapika became your lover too . It's been two years now since your first encounter . You had your little warm house , Kurapika was seated on the cozy sofa and you were playing the piano . After you finished , Kurapika smiled and clapped highly for you . You rushed next to him on the sofa to take all the heat . And cuddles!
It was a cold night . Kurapika had made hot chocolate for both of you .

"Your playing makes me fall in love with you , all over again ." He leaned in and rubbed his hair on your nose , tickling you.

"You're being cheesy like first time we met hehe ." What you said was enough to send his cheeks flushing red but before he could say or do anything , you kissed him .

It was the best addition to this evening .

----

Done! I hope you like it , it started out as angst sorry! This was requested by @aim3ray0
Thank you for requesting! ❤️