The Pokègames

Reaping Day. Two words, which once a year are the worst two words ever. Unless your name is read out... 74 years ago this started. Exactly 74 years ago, people and pokèmon had no idea of what was to come. But in the next couple of weeks unfolded the most brutal and savage event since the war. The Pokègames. One Girl, One Boy. Between the ages of 12-18 from each of the districts. Armed with there pokèmon fight to the death, live on tv. And each year the horrific event repeated. Again and again and again.

And now the 74th games. I'm Keira Wilson age 13. And my name is in the reaping ball. And my name could be called, and my death would be certain. We have never had a victor, district 12. And I have a feeling this year will be no different. As well as children killed. Most watch there pokèmon their friend, their companion. Die and get killed. Only about 30% of the victors have come out with their pokèmon. And it's horrible to see the pokèmon get killed. And then there trainer break down. Some refuse to live any longer, others wait till there found. And every year as I had to watch these terrible scenes I always keep Spark my Pikachu close. The thought of losing him. It's unbearable. That's why reaping days scares me. Not that of my name is called I will die. Spark will die to. Becuase if I die. Spark won't survive.

The pokèmon will never win. It's only happend twice. Once a Luxray, it refused to move from its trainers body. It killed who ever went close. They where lifted out together. Then the Luxray had to accept the truth. And just lives as a trophy for it district, district 7 if I think. The other was unexpected a small Pichu, it hid and was forgotten, outlived the others. But the poor thing was ill, hurt in the games physicly and emotionally. It died 2 years later...

This morning I woke up to my usual alarm. Spark giving me a small electric pulse. Just to jolt me awake. It is lovely to wake up to see Spark there giveing a small smile. And that is the smile which puts a smile on my face.

"Spark...." I said nervous for reaping

"Pika..." Came the small anxious reply. As usual Spark shared my worry

"It won't be us, don't worry" I said trying to be brave

"Pika! Pika Pi!" Spark said be confident probably for me.

"Keira, Spark. Are you up?" My mum called

"Yeah mum!" I said running to the Kitchen. Well I guess you could call it that. My house has two rooms the main room. And then the bedroom which isn't really a room just a small wall like thing. But it's home...

"Good, I left a bit of bread for today!" My mum said with a big smile. Obviously trying to lighten the mood. Which right now is tense. Bread is a luxury here. So on any other day then today I would be over the moon.

"Cool!" I said trying to sound at least a bit happy. My mum wasn't buying it though.

"Keira" she said pushing my hair back. "You will be fine, don't worry"

"Ok!" I said forcing a smile

"That's my girl!" My mum said giving me a hug

"Pika!" Spark said obviously wanting to be part of the conversation

"You ready Spark?" I asked

"Pika!!" Spark said

I quickly ran into the bedroom and put on my reaping outfit. I was the signal price of nice clothing in the family. It was a short yellow like dress with black sitch work, I'm not really one for dresses but it was something passed down the family. I just have Spark a quick wash. And I brushed my hair so it fell along my back. There is a chance I will be sentenced to certain death, at least I will look nice.

"K I guess we should go" I said

"Pika!" Spark said jumping in my shoulder

"Are you both ready?" My mum asked

"Yeah" I said

Me and Mum walked to the town square. Which wasn't far. District 12 is one of the smallest districts ever. So in about 5 minuets we were there. We had a very small population. And chances are every year who ever is reaped you will know. I went to one of the of the peacekeepers who had to prick both my finger and Sparks paw. Once they revived our DNA samples they placed them both on a scanner. And two things came onto the screen:

Name: Keira Wilson

Age: 13

District: 12

Partner: Pikachu

Partner Nickname: Spark

Name: Spark

Age: 5

Species: Pikachu

District: 12

Trainer: Keira Wilson

"Thank You" The Peacekeeper said.

Me with Spark on my shoulder walked to the 13 year old section most districts have ones for girls as boys. But our district is to small for that. But no one cares anymore.

"Hey Keira!" Said the boy standing next to me. John he and his Oshawatt Otta sometimes train with me and Spark, he is one of my closets friends. Never failing to make me smile.

"Oh hey John!" I replied

"Nervous?"

"Every year"

"Same"

"It's just the district is so small and there is so much chance of being reaped..."

"You will be fine" John said placing his hand on my shoulder

"Thanks" I said

Then all the talking stopped as our Capitol escort. Janny a young girl, only about 20 with bubble gum pink hair. Bright yellow make up and what looked like an explosion of all things bright outfit. She is new so still 'mega excited'. But it wears of. District 12 has never had a victor. So the escort just loses hope.

"Welcome, Welcome! It is brilliant to be back in District 12. And who knows I may be looking at district 12's first victor!" Janny said. Causing one of the older one to give a small cheer. "That's the spirit!" Janny said I looked back and the boy -Joe a 18 year old- blush and by the looks of it his Vulpix Swift to sigh. It is so plainly obvious Joe fancies her. Bet he wouldn't mind being reaped now!

"Well, before the big event! Let's explore the history of our lovely Mewam!" As a video played. Mewam is the name that someone gave our nation. After the legendary pokèmon Mew. Who apparently stopped the war. No one saw a mew, or any other legendary pokèmon since. So it's like a hope. Somehow. And as the video faded. I payed a lot of attention.

"Now let's choose a lovely lady" Janny said placing her hand in a bowl. And she pulled out two slips be accident

"Opps we only need one!" she said dropping one back in the bowl. And she unfolded the other...

"Keira Wilson" Janny said, and all eyes were on me...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think???

DISCLAIMER!!!!

I DO NOT OWN POKÈMON OR THE HUNGER GAMES!!! I ONLY OWN A FEW ASPECTS OF THE STORY!!!!