"Hanging out with Death Eaters now Jessica?" Harry asked a bit harsher than he had meant to, I think.

I shrugged, "I don't know why you're still on this Harry. There's no way Draco Malfoy is a death eater. And I don't really hang out with Draco exactly but he's Blake's best friend and I'm Blake's best friend so I'm willing to be nice to him for Blake."

Harry nodded and let the subject drop which I was thankful for, "So we will meet you guys in the Three Broomsticks whenever you are done."

The three boys walked away while the three girls ducked into the shop. The three of us had very different taste so we went around the shop separately coming back together each holding a few dresses in our arms to try on. We went to the back and tried on all of the dresses.

Three dresses into Hermione's pile she came out in a black skater dress with a mesh insert running down the center of her chest, "Oh that's definitely the one," I told her, "You look hot."

"You definitely look way too hot to be going with my brother," Ginny told her with a laugh, making the tips of Hermione's ears turn red.

"Okay I'll get this one then," she decided, "You go try some on Ginny."

Ginny's first dress was a long black dress with a slit up the side, "You don't even need to try anymore on, you need to get this one, it fits you perfectly, your butt looks amazing," Hermione told her.

"Turn around," I commanded then nodded, "Yup she's right. You look hot as all hell too, that's definitely the dress."

"Okay Jess you have to find a good one too then," Hermione told me.

I groaned, "I hate dress shopping in the winter. Everything is too dark my hair just blends in with it."

"Try on that red one first then. That one is bound to pop."

I took it into the dressing room with me and admired myself in the mirror. The dress was sleeveless and fell to the floor. There was a plunging neckline. It hugged my chest all the way to my waist, where it started to fall into soft pleats.

I walked out with a questioning look on my face and was happy when Ginny clapped her hands and told me, "You look stunning. Please tell me you like it, because you are going to knock everyone away in that dress."

I blushed fervently, "I like it a lot. It's a little bolder than I was planning on wearing but go big or go home I suppose right?"

They both nodded so I got dressed. We paid for the dresses and met up with the boys for a butterbeer.

On the walk up Neville cleared his throat nervously then turned to me and asked, "Would we be able to go to the party together? Everyone else seems to have a date, and I'd like to take you."

It only took me a moment's thought before I nodded and replied, "Yes, of course."

I came back into the common room and a scared looking second year came up to me and asked, "You're Jessica Snape right?"

I shrugged and nodded, "Sure."

"This is for you, from Professor Snape."

I took the letter from him, read it over then told my friends, "I have to go, my dad wants to talk for a quick second. I'll be back in plenty of time to get ready with both of you for the party though."

Once I reached his office I let myself in and announced myself by saying, "Where are you?"

He came out of the closet in the back, where he spent a lot of time organizing potions, "Jessica, I was beginning to worry you weren't going to get my note with enough time."

I smiled, "You just caught me I suppose. I don't have long though, so what's up?"

"I know you have Horace's party, so I'm sorry to do this tonight. I just wanted to tell you thank you for having Draco let me help him more and for helping him out a bit yourself. Are you aware of his plan for the vanishing cabinets?" I nodded, "Well I think he's getting close to getting them to work, and he's been working on them every night now."

"What could he bring here that would do any harm?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I think in the ned he wants to bring Death Eaters right into Hogwarts, but I don't know if he'll ever get them working enough to transport humans."

I gasped, "That would end super badly if they got in and could have a surprise attack. Does Dumbledore know?"

Severus nodded, "Of course, I just wanted to tell you all this too."

After a few more minutes of amiable chatting I decided to head back to my room and get ready. Ginny was already in the sixth grade girls' room with Hermione when I walked in.