eXposed [part 2]

The shock on their faces was almost comical, but then the anger, the burning rage that crossed Lorna and Marcos's face at the collar around her neck made Eira's small smile disappear quickly.

"Eira, I thought you were a non-mutant? What happened?" Marcos asked, the confusion written across his face as Lorna focused on her. With a quick movement of her hand, the collar fell from Eira's neck, exposing the raw and burned skin to view.

The teen exhaled deeply, her hands brushing over the area of her neck that had been under the collar for almost a full year now. "The day that I was taken, as it happened, my abilities unlocked themselves." She muttered, a small grimace on her face as she remembered what had happened, how it all went down. The pain, the unending pain and the noise of everything filling her head. Eira shook the thought out of her mind, she couldn't focus on that now, they needed to get out, there were cops coming, and quick.

"We'll talk later, but right now, you both need to come with us, get somewhere safe." Marcos replied as John busted in through the door, "Guys! There's trouble..." Those were the only words that left John's mouth before he noticed who he was talking to, and stared in shock.

It was Eira who acted first, tears filling her eyes, making her vision cloudy as she saw her brother for the first time in months. "John..." She whispered before he ran over to her, engulfing her in a hug, nearly squeezing all the air out of her lungs. "Can't breathe." Eira managed to get out, pushing him off of her with a small smile.

"Family reunion over, Eira, Clarice, get dressed, you're with us now." Marcos said as he rushed through the doorway to the main room of the building, trying to assess how much trouble they were in.

Eira made eye contact with Clarice, nodding to her, "We'll be safer with them, I promise." The words were true, she would never make a promise that she couldn't keep, not after what they had been through in the detainment center. "John, what is it?" Eira asked, her demeanor completely different from the aloof girl that she had been before Sentinel Services had ever gotten their hands on her.

"Cops, coming fast this way. They must've tracked your collar." John said, glancing once more at her neck as Eira moved behind Lorna and Marcos, Clarice quickly following them. "Kill the lights."

Lorna gathered energy in her hands, a green glow surrounding them, "How many?" She asked before she sparked the lights out.

"At least ten, from the west and south."

Eira grabbed Clarice's hand, pulling her along faster, "We need to get out of her quick, we won't stand a chance against that many." Eira said, guiding Clarice to stand against the wall away from the windows so they couldn't be seen.

"This is the Atlanta Police Department. We know the fugitive is in the building. Come out now, or we will open fire."

Lorna moved in front of the window, gathering energy in her hands, killing the lights of the police cars when all hell broke loose.

"Open fire!" One officer shouted, signalling the beginning of the bullets flying into the building.

Eira flipped the table next to her, propping it up to protect her and Clarice from the bullets, "Get down!"

"Lorna!" Marcos shouted, his eyes landing on her quickly, worried about her getting caught in the line of fire.

"I'm fine. Find us a way out!" She responded, as John ran across the room to where Eira and Clarice were, pulling them into the hallway next to them, to the back exit.

Eira didn't know what was happening as she heard Marcos yelling for Lorna to get out of there, but she knew it couldn't be anything good as she saw a bright light from the direction they were just in.