S - Brother

After her heartfelt confession, Me and Cara found ourselves curled up in bed together and ended up spending the night in each other's arms.

I loved her.

It was hard to comprehend and harder to accept that I loved her, but it was true that I did. That vulnerable girl when she came here to that caring girl at Mercedes' party, she had more sides to her than I had thought and I liked them. I loved them.

She was beautiful. She had stunning eyes and perfect hair, and a few freckles scattered over the bridge of her nose. She had rosy cheeks and looked like the personification of summer. If summer already wasn't my favourite thing, it would be when I finally realised that I adored her.

When I woke up, she was curled up next to me with her head on my shoulder. I was watching her slow breathing and studying each little freckle and curl she had, trying to take in this beautiful girl next to me. I was lucky.

"Sam, you're staring at me" Cara smiled up at me as her eyes fluttered open. She had such a perfect smile and such breathtaking eyes. I was entranced.

"sorry, you're just, you're pretty" I explained, feeling my face go red.

"aww, Sam, don't be sorry" she smiled again.

Our eyes locked for a moment, I took in her beauty as much as I could. I couldn't help a little "wow" slipping out, she was enchanting.

"You're so cute" Cara giggled a little, and quickly kissed my cheek. Then she realised what she had done. "Oh Sam, i'm sorry" she quickly reprimanded herself, sitting up.

I kissed her cheek gently, nervous energy coursing through my veins. Her touch was exhilarating, I hoped I had the same effect on her. "It's okay" I reassured.

"This is so- it's just a lot. don't get me wrong, I love it" Cara sighed.

"So do I. We should go downstairs, it's almost 10" I changed the subject. Cara nodded.

We wandered downstairs to see the girls chasing each other through the hallway. As we reached the landing, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and my heart sank.

"What the fuck are you doing here" I snapped. Anger coursed through my veins.

"Aw Sammy, that's not a very nice welcome" Kaden laughed at me. I looked up at him in disgust.

"You shouldn't be here, fuck off" I went to close the door, but he put his foot there before I could close it.

"Samiya, let me in" He said, aggression in his voice. An aggression I recognised that didn't completely belong to him. I wanted to throw up. I wanted to run and hide Cara from him. He was a part of my life I didn't want her to see.

"Fuck you" I spat, and stepped away from the door. He swung it open so hard it hit the wall and made a loud sound that made me practically jump out of my skin. I dug my nails into my palm.

"Where's Mum?" Kaden demanded.

"Out" I replied. It was true, but wouldn't be for long.

"When will she be home?" He pressed.

"I don't know" I kept my answers short, as to not give him information.

"Who's that?" Kaden pointed at Cara. I instantly became defensive.

"You don't need to know. Why are you even here?" I demanded. I felt so sorry for Cara, being stuck in this situation. She stood behind me and I could feel her nervous energy. I hated it.