𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Chapter Eight

"Hello Avery."

"Hey Andy, is everything okay."

Andy is my manager. The whole reason I'm here. Without him, I'd still be the girl who sits on my windowsill wanting someone to hear my story. Andy is also somewhat a close friend. My mom and him used to be good friends back when she was in high school. So him signing me was a favor that I will also hold on to.

"It is now that I hear your voice." Andy chuckles and I join him. "Listen kid, how would you feel about coming down to my office tomorrow morning. I've got some good news to share."

"Sounds like a plan, I'll be there." I hang up the phone call and notice how people are looking at me. I completely forgot we were in the middle of a game.

I turned to tell Zach I needed to go, but noticed he was no longer next to me. I see Corbyn's head through the crowd and make my over to him.

"Hey homie, What's popin?" Corbyn asks as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and leading me back downstairs. There were still a few stragglers who didn't join in the game. We made our way into the kitchen and I grabbed myself a bottled water.

"I have to leave but do you know where I can find Zach? I wanted to say bye to him before I left." I ask as I take a sip of the cold water.

"Oh uhm hehe, yea he's out back but you probably shouldn't go out there. For your own good." Corbyn grimaces as he tries to lead me to the front door.

"Yeah right. My stuff is out back so I automatically have to go out there." I shrug him off and make my way to the back door. I push the glass door open and see where my t-shirt, shorts and purse were still sitting at the same table I set them at when I first arrived.

I pray that hopefully no one messes with my stuff and everything is still inside. When I reach my destination, I check and yep, my belongings are still here. With a smile on my face, I quickly text Macayla and tell her that I'm leaving and if she wanted to stay the night with me.

I turn and begin walking back to the house but stop when I hear giggling from the side of the house.

I should just go. It's probably just two drunk teens getting down and dirty.

I want to leave but somethings pulls me and I find myself creeping in and listening to their conversation. Why am I like this. They weren't saying anything so I was about to give up and leave but then I heard my name and suddenly my feet couldn't move.

"I don't like that Alice girl." A female voice chimes.

"You mean Avery? Oh she's nothing. Jack thought it would be funny if I messed around with her. You're my number one, sweet checks." I automatically recognized the voice as Zach. I felt a pang in my chest when he declared I was "nothing" to him. It sure as hell didn't feel like that.

"Good. You're mine, do I need to remind you?" I took a guess and said that was Kay.

At this point I could care less about what they have to say about me. It's clear what the call was about last week. That must've been Jack asking about me. In conclusion, I hate men.

Just as I take a step to leave, my phone pings indicating a text from Macayla.

Macayla
yeah i'll be out in a sec.

Oh. Shit. I completely forgot I texted her. I realize that the sound from my phone was louder than I expected. I hear the two "lovebirds" begin to move out from the side of the house and I quickly dart to the back door making, my way inside.

I try to act nonchalant and go back to drinking the water from earlier. I watch as both Kay and Zach enter the house. Slowly, Zach searches around and he catches my gaze. He begins to walk toward me, wanting to engage in a conversation. I ignore him and walk straight for the front door.

There, I see Macayla waiting for me and we leave the house. We make our way out to my car without saying a word. As soon as we get in, I look over at her and say:

"I've got tea. And need some help with what to do."