The Second Task

"So you put it in the bath.. and it sang?" You questioned Harry looking at him curiously.

"Yes."

"And Diggory told you to do that?"

"Yes."

"I swear these Hufflepuffs are stoners.." You mumble to yourself. Honestly, nobody who isn't high would just think 'oh I should put this terrible screeching egg underwater, maybe it will reveal the clue'

"What"

"Never mind."

"Well, anyways the egg made it seem as though we will have to go into the lake and retrieve something within an hour." Harry continued, pacing.

"Well there aught to be something that will help you breathe underwater." Hermione stated.

"Well we better start now, the second task is tomorrow." Ron added.

The four of you spent hours searching though books for something, yet there was nothing.

"Ms. Granger, Mr. Weasley, will the two of you come with me?" Professor McGonagall voiced to Ron and Hermione after hours of looking through books. "Ms. Y/l/n you should be off to your dorm as well, it's almost curfew. As for you Potter, get some rest. You'll need it for tomorrow." McGonagall told you and Harry.

You bid Harry good night and headed back to the Slytherin Common Room.

As you walked into the common room, you found Draco silently reading a book in a chair near the fireplace. You smiled to yourself and walked over to him.

He looked up from his book to look at you.

"There you are." He said in an almost whisper, standing up, putting his arms around your waist.

"Were you waiting for me?" You smiled lightly looking into his eyes. He dug his head into your shoulder, you felt him give a small nod.

"I didn't know where you were." He whispered. You softened.

"I was just helping Harry prepare for the second task tomorrow with Ron and Hermione." You reassured him, stroking his hair.

"I just got worried... I usually know where you are and I thought maybe.." he paused for a moment, "never mind."

"It's okay, I'm here." You hushed "come on it's getting late, the second task is tomorrow, get some rest."

Draco walked you up the your dormitory and lightly kissed you good night.

"Come on Draco, hurry up! I want to get good seats!" You take Draco's arm dragging him through the stands

Once you finally find a decent seat, you look around. Where are Hermione and Ron?

"Y/n!" Fred and George cheered, popping up behind you and Draco. "Oh, and Malfoy." The both sneered.

"Fred! George!" Its seems like you haven't seen the two in forever.

"Well, just popping in to say hello." Fred states.

"We've got bets to collect!" George follows after him.

"Later!" They say in sync and disappear into the crowd.

"I bet Potter hasn't even figured out how the breathe under water." Draco bellowed, smirking. "OW!" You jabbed him in the side. Did Potter find a way to breathe under water?

The four champions lined up on the dock. Harry appeared to have shoved some sort of plant into his mouth, then was pushed into the water by Mad Eye.

Draco snickered at this.

"At least he didn't get turned into a ferret." You mused smirking.

"Shut it." Draco frowned.

The champions had an hour to retrieve something in the water.

"Wow this is so exciting." Draco groaned.

"Oh hush."

"We literally have no idea what's happening what's the point of having good seats?"

"We get to see them better when they get out."

"Yeah and they won't get out until-"

"FLEUR DELACOUR MUST FORFEIT THIS ROUND DO TO CERTAIN CERSUMSTANCES, AND WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE PUT INTO LAST PLACE" An announcement rang out. There was much commotion as Fleur climbed out of the water back into the dock. Several people crowded around her to come to her aid.

"See something happened." You nudged Draco smirking.

"Well we still have to wait like twenty more minutes till the others get back-"

"CEDRIC DIGGORY HAS COMPLETED THE TASK AND IS IN FIRST PLACE"

"Shut it." Draco said before you could say anything.

Cedric had emerged from the water with Cho Chang. They were retrieving people? That's kinda... weird.

A few minutes passed and the next to come up was Victor, with Hermione? Where was Harry?

The time was almost up and Harry still hadn't come up yet. He finally came up with barely any time to spare. He had brought up Ron and who seemed to be who Fleur was supposed to bring up.

"Why does he always have to be so extra." Draco groans.

"Says you 'Prince of Slytherin'."

"I don't see your point"

"You literally bought the whole team new brooms so you could be seeker."

"That- that doesn't- never mind whatever"

Harry ended up landing second place considering the fact he would've been first if he didn't go back for Fleurs sister.

A couple days later you had yet again gotten together with the trio to discuss the next task. Harry would have to go through a maze.