25 year old Software Engineer and His Chasiumen

"Can you do this?"

"Is this done?"

"Why is this error here?"

Commands after commands flew through his small cubicle, though his office has none. It was a cubicle within his own little mind, encapsulating him within. A defenses mechanism probably, of his against the seemingly endless attack from outside.

Though it was to no avail as no fortress, no walls, no armor is strong enough against humankind's biggest enemy: themselves.

When he realized, he's already sat down in his little studio, a make do of someone's empty house divided into 10 different rooms, but proper enough for a worker his age.

Tobacco was foreign to his tongue and alcohol reminded him only of dread of his daily workloads. His only salvation was of the salty soup of instant noodles.

He wasn't really fat though by no means he's fit. So at some point, he did decided to start eating healthier but kept some instant noodle just to connect his sanity.

Though as day goes, so did the stress build up and he had to connect his sanity everyday.

Today too, was rough. He repeated as he gloomily walks down to his rented room.

So today too, he searched through the dirty laundries and his comic book collections and probably heap of literal trash too, for another pack to connect his sanity.

But to no avail.

There were many packs, all colorful: green and yellow and purple and everything nice. But all was empty, filled with nothing but even emptier sauce packs and possibly roaches.

Tired and disappointed, he lied on his sorry excuse of a bed that came with his cheap rental, not that he mind.

It was 7 PM.

Really early for anything as he was sick of everything today and decided to leave as soon as the clock ticked.

But then again there was no instant noodle left and it was Monday.

Inside his head he panicked.

He was afraid that his sanity won't last at all.

Silly as it may seemed, but probably he's addicted.

After all where else you can find such affordable and warm variation of flavors after only a short wait.

7.15 PM.

Surely, he can walk towards the nearest stall and buy more instant noodles.

Premade even with some kind of secret techniques that no one can ever mimic at home.

But he felt his legs limp, his head heavy.

So he decided to do what people in this time and age do to fight boredom, and hopefully fell asleep.

So he opened his social media app and scrolled through his friends and families' happy achievements.

So his friend from Middle School just got married.

His uncle posted their group photo in some cold European country.

His crush from eight years ago just created a very long post about how lucky she was to be with her current boyfriend and not wanting him to leave her.

Post after post after post.

He was bitteer.

Bitter.