One came at me, but I brought my foot up and kicked him. He tried to get back up. I took out my revolver and shot the guy in the chest. I pointed my gun when I heard someone run behind me and shot him. I put my gun away and ran towards another Stillwater gang member. He tried to punch me, but I blocked his attack and swung across his face.

"Jeb Stillwater, you are under arrest," I heard Ray a few feet away from me. "You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney."

"There won't be Miranda rights for another 100 years," Snart pointed out.

I headbutted the last guy before I placed two fingers in my mouth and whistled. My horse ran back to me. I climbed on.

"Fall back! Fall back!" One of the Stillwater gang members yelled.

I pulled the reins and followed Ray and them out the camp. I heard a whip come in contact with someone. I looked back and my eyes widen when I see them pull Jax off of his horse. The guys and I stopped.

"Jax!" Mick yelled.

The Stillwater gang started shooting at us. I took my revolver out and started shooting back. I grit my teeth together as I felt one of the bullets hit my shoulder.

"Morgan!" Ray yelled.

I grip my shoulder. "I'm ok." I gave him a look that tells him that I'll heal.

I used my good arm and continued to shoot. We kept shooting and shooting until we heard our guns clicking.

"We got to go!" Hex shouted.

"Not without Jax!" Snart protested.

"Well, we got Stillwater. It means we got leverage. Live to fight another day or die tonight - your choice." Hex turned his horse around. "Hyah!"

I cursed under my breath knowing he's right. They won't do anything to Jax because we got their leader. And we can't really use our weapons and powers, now can we? I sighed in annoyance before we followed Hex back towards the Waverider.

》》》》

I sat down in one of the chairs as we explained to Stein what happened. He was beyond furious that Jax managed to get captured. He was even more furious that we didn't go back for him and kept Jeb. I rolled my eyes when he said let's just trade Jeb for Jax, but he doesn't get it. If we don't release Stillwater then Jax is in danger, but if we do then the town is.

I raised my hand. "Or I could just sneak inside camp and steal Jax back. I'll be in and out before anyone wakes up."

"And what if they do? You're suppose to be 'injured,'" Ray pointed out.

I pulled my collar down my shoulder to show him my healed wound. "I'm not, now am I?" I pulled my collar back up and stood. "I'll get Jax and we'll still have Stillwater. It's a win-win situation if you ask me."

"No," The guys said.

"Then what do you suggest we do? Send them a bunch of brownies and pout for their forgiveness and hope they release him?"

"I got a notion," Hex said from his position from the wall. "Set up a quick draw. You win, get your guy back. You lose, you set Stillwater free."

"And by lose, you mean..." Stein trailed off. I placed my finger over my neck and made a swishing motion as my head fell and I poke my tongue out. "Oh, great. Pistols at high noon."

"Finally, someone's talking sense," Mick said.

"There has to be another way, a better way."

"Sneak attack," I sang. The guys glared at me which made me raise my hands up in surrender.

Hex walked closer to Stein. "Go after Stillwater with all your gear from the future. I don't know how that'll sit with your captain, though."

Rip ponder at the thought. "Mm, let's assume it's a bad idea."

"So, who's standing in the middle of Main Street?" Mick asked. I opened my mouth to volunteer, but he beat me to it. "Except you, Claws."

"I'll do it," Ray said.

"Raymond, now is not the time to indulge your cowboy fantasies," Stein said. That got a chuckle out of me.

"No one else is stepping forward." Hello, I did. But no, these guys are so full of testosterone. Me man take bullet, you woman bake cake. Oh, please. "Pus, I'm a decent shot...."

"Decent?" I questioned.

"All right, I was with an air rifle."

"I can't believe you're encouraging this," Rip mumbled to Hex before walking towards the small library.

Hex followed him. "You know it's the only way."

"Dr. Palmer's going to get himself killed."

I scoffed. "Excuse me? Who recruited us to help the future? Who was willing to risk our lives to save his home and family? At least Ray grew a pair of balls to do something about it while you sat your little ass down since the moment we got here."

"I had good reason."

"Because of Calvert," Stein said.

"Yes, but not in the way you think. Leaving Calvert, leaving this...era is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do."

"And why is that, Captain?" Snart asked.

Rip sighed. "A Time Master is trained to do his work without interference, which means not helping people or being a hero." More like zero if you ask me. "But as you've seen, Dr. Palmer, this era offers many opportunities for heroism. I found it...enticing."

"And you still managed to leave," Hex pointed out. He walked closer to Rip. "Something's been bugging me all these years. If you'd have known what Turnbull was going to do to Calvert, would you have left?"

"That's the thing, Jonah. I did know." Without another word, Hex sucker punched Rip. Rip groaned as he fell back against the chair. "I deserve that."

I wish I had popcorn. "You deserve a lot worse. You knew, and you still left?"

"Of course I knew. I was a Time Master. And therein lay the problem. Like Raymond, like Martin, I felt the pull of heroism, of this era's penchant for being rife with opportunities to make a difference. That's one of the things that called to me, and that is why I had to leave. Because had I stayed...I could no longer have remained a Time Master." But he's not anymore. It was if Rip came to that same conclusion. "But I'm no longer a Time Master...which is why I'll face Stillwater."

"Wait. I said that I would do it," Ray whined.

"And get yourself shot and killed? It's appreciated, but I'd rather you stayed alive."

Ray looked like he was going to protest again, but I held him back and patted his shoulder. "Next time, Ray. Next time."

Rip gave me a little nod before looking back at Hex. "Send word to Stillwater's posse. I believe high noon is in less than three hours."