CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Start from the beginning

The reason this whole situation started was because he made the wrong choices, and he doesn't want to stand up for his mistakes.

I'm glad that I'll be taking over the company. He doesn't deserve the title. He's not the father I used to look up to anymore.

Fortunately, the door was unlocked, so I made my way out. The room I was in looked fairly average. There was a single bed, that clock, and a desk that was pushed against the corner. So I assume I was at someone's house.

I was relieved that it wasn't Mindy's place. And how did I know that? Instead of the bright colours that decorated the house back at her place, everything was much darker.

And I seem to like it this way.

I turned a few corners before I finally reached what looked like the main living area. Thankfully, no one was here, so I was going to make my way out when I heard hushed voices coming from the kitchen. Maybe it was my father and Mr Summer.

Damn, all I want to do at this moment was storm into the kitchen and beat the fuck out of those two. But instead, I quietly walked to the kitchen, hiding behind the wall so I went unnoticed.

I heard Mr Summer's voice, but instead of hearing my father's voice I heard Mindy's.

"I want you to go up to your room and get ready," Mr Summer ordered. "Ace's father just went out for a bit, and he'll be arriving soon."

"What about Ace?" Mindy asked.

"Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time for him."

I heard Mindy sigh, and the sound of her heels fading as she walked passed the other door to the kitchen. I made sure to move quickly without making a sound as Mr Summer left the kitchen as well.

Hopefully, they were the only people here in the house, and I can escape before my dad gets here.

I easily found the front door, and made my exit. When I stepped outside, I wanted to curse to the world because I realized that the house was surrounded by thick trees. How the hell am I suppose to tell Levi where I am if we're in the middle of fucking nowhere?

I groaned before walking away from the house. I couldn't just stand there where I might get caught. I made sure that ran far enough so they wouldn't find me and pulled out my phone. Hopefully, Levi can track down my phone through the call and figure out where I am.

"Make sure you don't hang up until sixty seconds have passed. I'll be able to track down your phone after," Levi explained.

So I stayed where I was because I didn't want to risk encountering something here. Or someone.

Because it was almost evening, the sun was slowly setting, and it was dark enough to see a small light just a few feet from where I was standing. Being the stupid, but smart person I am, I went towards it because we are all curious people who can't help but want to know what's going on.

I hate not knowing what's happening.

But before I could see what it was, I heard Levi's voice, saying that he knew where I was. He told me the directions I needed to go so he could pick me up.

"Everyone look to the left! Everyone look to the right! Can you hear that yeah—!"

"Who's singing?" I asked, and Levi sighed.