Chapter 2

Simon woke up slowly, his head aching. It felt like if his senses were way more sensitive. His eyes still closed, he smelled a delicate perfume of cinnamon and pine tree. The warmth of the sheets trailed on his whole body, the softness of linen sliding on his skin. He also felt the sun glowing and warming his face. He smiled at the comfort of the moment, even if his head was aching. Then, something popped in his head. There wasn't any windows in his room. And if he wasn't in his room, why did he felt the sheets on his WHOLE body ? He opened his eyes quickly and panicked when he saw someone else lying beside him. He woke the person. When he saw Nick looking at him, then his eyes wide open and shocked, he was wordless.
- Oh, hell no, he finally mumbled while Nick was still processing the information.
- Shit, he added
They stood there, neither of them talking or moving. Sim could hear Nick's breathing. It was steady, slow, like a soft wind. Then, he realized he was completely naked and he blushed intensely.
- Oh come on, we surely did worse last night. Nick said sourly
- You remember ?
- Not even a bit
- Well, I don't either. Maybe we didn't do anything. We don't know
- Simon, we're completely naked. When's the last time you slept drunk and naked with someone you're attracted to and did nothing ?
- Wait, I'm not attracted to you.
- Yeah right. Sim, you are and I am too. We both know what's going on here.
- So you're attracted to me too ?
Nick gave him a "Bitch, was I not clear enough" glare and shyly nodded.
- Oh, mumbled Simon as he blushed even more, if it was possible.
Nick slowly stood up.
- Get dress and come downstairs
Simon reluctantly look at Nick while his naked ass moved through the room, sheepishly picking up his clothes. He finally stopped staring and stood to dress up. He turned to the wall to hide his "masculinity". Sometimes, he could hear Nick turn around and he felt his glare on his body, which made him blushed. When he finally left the room, Simon sighed and looked at Nick's bedroom. The walls were a deep shade of red and the furnitures were either black or dark brown. The bed was a massive two-place made of wood. His room was nothing like this one. This one was dark, mysterious, almost frightening. Strangely, Simon felt quite safe in it. It felt like a tiny fortress. He finished dressing and got out of the room.

"A moment you'll never remember, and a night you'll never forget. All you sinners stand up sing Hallelujah. Show praise with your body, stand up sing Hallelujah. And if you can't stop singing, lean back, let it move right through you. Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers. My life started the day I got caught under the covers with secondhand lovers."

When he got downstairs, Nick was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. When he smelled what he was cooking, he felt really hungry. He sighed of relief.
- How are you not ultra freaked out by this ? He asked Nick
- I am. But if we panic, it won't make anything else better. So if you want to freak out, be my guess. Otherwise, help me find a way to fix this.
Simon smiled softly and nodded.
- Now, would you please put some music on ? Nick said, pointing at a turntable in the corner of the living room
- What ?
- I need to keep my promise and make you enjoy old music
Simon chuckled and went to the turntable, staring at the many discs carelessly disposed around it.
- Which one do I put ?
Nick seemed to be thinking about it before giving its answer :
- The one written "Aloha Hawaii" on it. You sure you know how to use this ?
- Yeah, don't worry
Simon looked at the turntable and suddenly realized that he didn't actually know how it worked. He sighed and kneeled in front of the discs. He finally found the one he was looking for and he took it out of its cover. His fingers slowly trailed on the vinyl of the disc. He put it on the turntable and tried to figure out how it worked. He had no idea. It just looked like a mechanical mess to him. He heard Nick chuckled and realized he was just beside him, slowly kneeling at his side. Nick smiled to him and took his hand, guiding carefully the movement of his fingers on the turntable. Finally, the music started playing and Simon smiled, proud of his success, even though it wasn't really his.