014

Loud footsteps and the swinging of Elise's door is what woke her up on a bleak Saturday morning

Loud footsteps and the swinging of Elise's door is what woke her up on a bleak Saturday morning. "What?" She grumbled, rolling over in her bed.

Bella stop over her with her brown hair resting comfortably around her shoulders. "I just bought motorcycles."

Elise lifted from her bed, brows furrowed while she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Plural? As in two?"

"Yes, I just bought two bikes and I need you to come with me to the rez to help fix them."

Unraveling her long legs from her comforter, Elise didn't seem to care much that she was standing in front of the female in just her underwear and a barely there camisole. "Your little friend that keeps popping up in our conversations?"

"Jacob," She corrected, sitting down on the unmade bed and allowing the darker haired girl to throw on a long sleeved shirt and jeans. "I didn't want to go alone."

Elise rolled her eyes and walked out of the room, coming backing a few minutes later with mouthwash swishing from cheek to cheek before spitting it out in an empty water bottle. "Let's go, I'm not getting any younger here."

Leaving a note to her probably still sleeping father, Elise jumped in Bella's raggedy old red truck until they reached the reservation, pulling into a dirt driveway to a old red house.

An eager teenage boy with a green shirt and bulging muscles came running from the shed, a bright white smile on his face and the longest hair Elise had seen on a boy in a while scooped up Bella into a hug. "Bella, where the hell have you been?"

"I brought you something," Turning to the bed of her car to pull the tarp off, Elise introduced herself before Bella revealed her not so pretty gifts. "It's a little crazy."

"Scrap metal, you shouldn't have."

"I saved it from the junk yard."

This being the first time Elise saw the hunks of uselessness scoffed. "He better be as good as you say because these babies are beat."

Jacob laughed, his own eyes evaluating the items. "I'm the best."

"They're probably going to cost more to fix than they're worth but I'd thought if I had a mechanical friend—"

Picking up what she was putting down, the quileute nodded with a growing smirk that couldn't seem to escape his face in Bella's presence. "Me being that mechanical friend. Since when are you into motorcycles."

"Since now." The obvious look of worry on his face made Bella recoil slightly. "I get it if you think this is completely stupid and reckless."