SIX

We walk over to the first four-seater table and sit down. I watch as Brax takes the boxes out of the plastic bag. He sets mine in front of me and chopsticks.

"I didn't see you pay for this," I mumble as I open my box. He hums while shoving a green bean in his mouth and bobbing his head.

Once he finishes chewing he looks up at me. "Creg's father is like a father to me. I don't usually pay for food when I come here. Creg's father owns the mall. Well, he is a partial owner,"

I pop a mushroom in my mouth as I smile at him. I set my chopsticks down and hold out my hand. He arches a brow at me. "What?"

"Can you hand me my hoodie? I am getting chilly," He nods as he sets his chopsticks down. He digs in the plastic bag and grabs it. He hands it over as Creg strolls over.

"Hey, you two," He plops right next to me as I slide on the hoodie. He looks at it for a moment. "A white cat?" I nod.

"Read the back," Brax murmurs. I turned so my back was facing him.

"Snowball," I nod again. "Inside joke I'm guessing,"

"Yes," Brax says.

I look at Creg. His white T-shirt complimented his Hershey chocolate skin. It tightened around the shortened sleeves as he flexed his arms while moving. His body was extremely built and carved. His eyes are a light gray color. He had on blue jeans that were washed and had tears in them. I look farther to see his Black Jordans.

"Hope he didn't embarrass himself too much. It happens when pretty girls are around," Creg says while leaning toward me. I giggled while picking up my chopsticks.

"No, he didn't. Don't worry," I whisper.

Brax gives us a confused goofy look while shaking his head. His eyes darted behind me and his smile vanished quickly. I go to turn around when I feel arms around my waist. My body stiffens.

"Hey, baby," Knox murmurs in my ear. I swallow harshly while looking down at his tattooed hand.

"Hey, Knox," I mumble. He places a soft kiss right below my earlobe causing me to suck in a breath of air.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asks as he places his chin on my head.

"Yes. Me and Brax are having a great time," I growl.

He moved so that he could see my face. He had a concerned look on his face. I glance behind me to see Tracy standing with her arms crossed while looking annoyed. I look back at Knox.

"Did you forget that you told me you were going to work? Or did you just not care?" He glances at Tracy before looking back at me.

"I am here, aren't I? I didn't forget, Studs. My father said that I was free to have the day off," I nod slowly.

"So instead of calling me- your girlfriend- you went and picked up Tracy?" He narrows his eyes.

"Why are you picking a fight here? I came to hang out with you," I shake my head.

"It took you over half an hour to find me? I mean you were here for a while. If you came here for me then you would have called me to see where I was," He runs his hands over his face while letting out a heavy sigh.

"Poppy, come on baby. I don't see why this is such a big deal. You know I am friends with Tracy. Why are you acting like it's a big deal that I am hanging out with her?" I let out a dry laugh.

"The fact that you don't see a problem with this, is why it's a big deal. How would you feel if I told you that I was going to school but I really went over to Brax's house and hung out with him without telling you?" I raise an eyebrow. He glares at me.