Epilogue

After the events of Charlie's kidnapping and almost becoming a meal for two cannibals, Charlie was sent to a hospital where he was sent to immediate surgery. The surgeons stitched the gaping hole where his foot was and closed it up where the blood would not spew out anymore.He was told that he would stay in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He was sent home after two weeks of check ups and attempted to live comfortably.

    Sarah was sent to an women's prison where she was secluded from every other female prisoner because of who she was. She is sentenced to be executed by serum. Whenever lunch or dinner came, she was able to have company, but she was covered in chains so that if she decided to attack someone, Sarah's chains would notify the guards to prevent her from biting the flesh off of anybody who was near her. During one of her meals, she stole a steel kitchen knife and kept it hidden in her clothes.

    One day, Sarah was sent to the visitation room where there was a window with a phone plastered on the side of the wall where she could call someone on the other side of the window. She waited patiently as her visitor came forward. Charlie wheeled his way toward the window and stared at his lover who nearly ate him. He motioned her to pickup the phone. Sarah took the phone from the wall and placed it near her ear.

    "How are you doing?" She asked.

    "I don't know. My father is relieved from all of the turmoil that had been terrorizing this town. He has kept me with a bodyguard since the night you nearly tried to eat me."

    "How well did you do on your History test?"

    "I passed."

    "Good."

    "What about you?" Charlie asked Sarah.

    She stopped and took a deep breath as she spoke, "I have been trying to sit comfortably. I have been alone in a cell, away from everyone else. I was listed as highly dangerous. They think that I am a monster. They are right," she sobbed, "I am a monster, Charlie. I have been a monster my whole life. You were my joy. I thought I was softening up when I met you. And then you tore me apart, and my anger and vengeance clouded my mind. Now, death is at my door, ready to take me. I am sentenced to death very soon, Charlie. This may be our last visit together. I am terrified, Charlie, of that day."
    Charlie sat stunned, unsure of what to say.

    "Oh, Sarah," he consoled softly, "don't cry. It will be okay."

    Sarah stood up and started to take deep breaths. She clenched her fists.

    "Watch out." She whispered. She swung her fist into the window,and crawled out, staying on the table, and grabbed Charlie. She kissed him on the lips. He wrapped his hands around her head as he kissed her harder.

    Suddenly, two guards took away Sarah as she wailed and screamed. Charlie sat stunned as he watched his friend get dragged away.

    The two guards dragged her to her cell and carried her inside and set her down. Sarah was about to bite the flesh off of their legs, but they rushed out before she could attack and escape. Sarah shook with grief as she cried to herself.

    On the day of execution, the two guards who dragged Sarah away on that day that she got to speak to Charlie, carried two giant chains, and stood by her metal barless cell. They knocked on her door.

    "It's time to go."

    No answer.

    The other guard took out his keys to unlock the metal door and opened it. When they opened the door, they gasped. Inside, a pool of blood surrounded a corpse that was laying across the wall; her head rested on the wall while her body was on the ground; her eyes, black with death, stared into deep space, without blinking. Her teeth were bloody and crooked. Her chin and cheeks were blood-stained. The skin on her arms and legs were missing. She ate the flesh off of her arms where you could actually see the bone. The digits on her hands were missing with blood dripping out. The first guard looked down. He stifled a scream as he stared at the prisoner's tongue laying on her lap. The guard walked around the pool of blood to the corpse's head as he checked her pulse. There was none. When he receded his fingers from her neck, blood oozed out from his fingers. He noticed that the victim's neck was slashed open with something. The other guard searched for the weapon. It was a small steel knife.

    Sarah was pronounced dead in her cell that day. Charlie heard the news from his father after he came home from work. Charlie sat stunned, pretending to space out. Everything that his father described to him about how the guards found Sarah's bloody body, was the same as Charlie envisioned it in his dream. His father bent down to look at him in the eye, and replied, "I'm sorry. I know how much she meant to you," as Charlie embraced his father and cried on his shoulder.

    "It's okay," His father consoled, "I'll always be here for you."

Charlie continued on with his life. He could not believe that his second dream had become a reality. Sarah meant everything to him, even though he mistreated her by breaking up with him the day after their first date together, and becoming friends with another girl. He still loved her though, for he never gave up on Sarah. He wished he could have spent more time with her. He wanted to show her how she could be more human. He succeeded, even though Sarah was caught and taken to the jail. She could not face the death penalty, so she took her own life by eating herself. Sarah was indeed Charlie's flesh and blood.