Chapter One

Eight years later,the missing persons reports continued to climb as time went on. Thebutcher slaughtered numerous persons with the help of his daughter,Sarah. During those eight years, the butcher set up computers andsecurity cameras in and around the house so that anybody who would besuspicious, would be caught and harvested. Aside from theslaughterhouse downstairs, the butcher carved out a room and set up acomputer system which displayed the cameras' point of view.

Sarah,who has gone to school for her entire life, has just become a seniorin high school, and has grown up into a sexy, thin, and beautifulyoung woman. When morning comes, Sarah's father wakes her up andwhispers, "Let's lather you up so you can lure somebody to us."Sarah would smile every time he'd say that and would apply mascara,red lipstick, and makeup. For breakfast, Sarah would eat a brainevery morning that her father would cut from one of his victims'head. She has been doing this since her father taught her how to livethe way he lives. When she was finished, she rinsed her mouth outwith Listerine. Her father would take her to school, and return hometo harvest more food.

Charlie,also a senior in high school, eats Pop Tarts, and drinks coffee forbreakfast. His father, Detective Henry, would greet him with a hugaround his neck, messing around his son, while carefully making surehe did not spill anything, or make his son perturbed. Afterbreakfast, Charlie would ride with his father and go to the sameschool as Sarah. Little did he know that they will meet for the firsttime, even though they have been at the same school since thebeginning of high school.

Atschool, Charlie would be greeted by his cautious yet nerdy red-hairedfriend, Barry. He would wear long khakis, a long sleeved buttoned upplaid shirt, and large glasses (hence the nerdiness). He could onlywave with one free hand, while the other hand carried books for everysubject: History, Math, and Science. Charlie and Barry have beenfriends since he entered public school after his mother died. WhenBarry was sixteen, his parents allowed him to get his driver'slicense and take Charlie home after school, and study with him. AsCharlie disbanded from his father's 1982 Buick, with its trims thin,blue color, and wheels from BF Goodrich, he greeted Barry. He got apat in the back from his best friend, and bid his father farewell anda good day at work.

Sarahgrabbed her belongings for school, and hitched a ride with her fatherin an old remodeled 1954 Ford truck. The cab was large enough forvoices to echo through it. When her father arrived at the school, hewould receive a peck on the cheek from his daughter as she woulddislodge from the truck. When she entered the Tisdale High School ofIndiana, Sarah would go to her first class: History. As she found herdesignated seat, she was greeted by Charlie and Barry.

"Whoare you, pretty angel?" Charlie asked.

"I'mSarah," she answered, "and you are?"

"I'mCharlie, and this is my friend Barry."

Barryshook her hand with a truce.

Suddenlythe bell rang, and everybody sat down immediately and waited fortheir History teacher. A sturdy suited, mid-fifties, man, marched inwith his patent leather shoes and set his papers down from his grasp.

"I amyour History teacher," he turned himself towards the whiteboard,picked up a marker, and wrote, "Mr. Richard Wells," and turnedback to the students and repeated his name. The kids jotted his namevigorously on a piece of paper from his/her journal.

"Now,let me tell you the rules: no cell phones, no talking to each other,no late work, no swearing or foul language, and there better not beany absence."

"Thisis bullshit." A student muttered. All of the students gasped at hisharsh language. The teacher heard him and rejoindered, "That's it.Your grade will be lowered by fifty percent."

Allaround him, the rebel was "oohed" by the surrounding students. Hefelt ashamed. The teacher turned towards the other students and said,"Now we will begin with an introduction."

Afterclass, Charlie, Sarah, and Barry walked out of the room togetherafter all of the other students stormed out of the room. At lunch,Sarah sat there looking at her new best friend's food. As he took abite out of his sandwich, Charlie looked at Sarah questioningly. Hetook a piece of his lunch and gave it to her. She nibbled it alittle. As she digested it, she sat there silently. Barry, who satacross the table from them, observed Sarah carefully. After lunchbreak was over, Charlie and Sarah were headed to class, but Barry didnot join up with them.

Sarahand Charlie separated into two separate classes. Sarah went to HumanAnatomy, and Charlie and Barry went to Chemistry. When the two boysentered their classroom, they were the only two in there thus far, soBarry had an opportunity to speak to Charlie privately.

"Didyou think that Sarah's actions at lunch appear questionable?" Barryasked.

"Yeah,I guess so. Why?" Charlie asked without thinking.

Barry'spalms were soaked with sweat as he mumbled out, "There have beenseveral, maybe hundreds of missing persons since 2008."

"Yes,I know that! My mother is on that list, if you have forgotten!"Charlie exclaimed.

"Shh!"Barry pointed his fingers to his lips as he continued, "I knowthat! There were at least forty unsolved missing persons cases. It'sbeen a mystery. The news is terrified to death on what is happening.They haven't the foggiest clue about what the hell is going on. Thepolice, including your dad, have not been able to move along withthis case. If the police dismiss it, the entire city may bevanquished by two savages. What if the reason these people havedisappeared is because they've been eaten by cannibals?"

"No!Sarah is not in on this!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Butit makes sense, Charlie! She doesn't eat regular food like we do. Sheate one little piece of thatsandwich you gave her, and she did not even finish it. Doesn't thatmake you a little suspicious? Maybe you should stay away from her."

"What the hell, Barry?" Charlie shot up, "We just met thegirl. Maybe we should be acquainted with her. I'm starting to havefeelings for her. Maybe you should leave this alone before you becomedead meat."

Barry'sheart skipped a beat. Maybe you should leave this alonebefore you become dead meat?Howcould Charlie think of something like this?

"What if this is a foreshadowing of my demise?" Barry mutteredto himself.

"What?" Charlie exasperatedly questioned.

Before Barry could continue, more classmates came into the room, andalong came the teacher.