chapter seven

"Wake up, wake up. The guys will be here soon." Christina roared as she ran into my room at what felt like around 3:30am."What time is it?" I groaned. "What guys?" "Oh you know. Ash and the guys. They're coming round at half twelve. You have half an hour to get ready!" The only word I actually heard in those sentences was 'Ash'. He's coming round here and what for? To flirt with my sister again most probably. I hauled myself out of bed, dreading the day ahead. It was no wonder I had woken so late this morning. Going against my advice to Lauren of not worrying about it, I worried. I stayed awake reliving our brief encounters, the way he looked at me. The fact this all meant nothing to him was all the more reason to mope. I knew he was too good for me. I should of known he was out of my limit, yet I still pushed it.

What to wear? I want to look nice. Not for Ashton. Totally not for Ashton.. Okay. Maybe for Ashton. Is it so wrong that I still kinda fancy him? I mean, we did have a connection for 0.0001 seconds. I settled for an 'I prefer the drummer' tank with high waisted shorts, tights, my brand new vans, and an oversized denim shirt over the top. I looked at the clock. It's 12:28. He'll be here any second. I mean they. They will be here. Oh dear. Does my hair loo- Ding Dong! Shit. I went through to open the door, the four boys standing outside. They were so awkward, it was so cute. Michael entered first, his hair slightly fluffier than the day before and his oversized jumper had been replaced by a plaid shirt. Next was Luke, he towered over me. His skinny jeans had gotten skinnier, I didn't even think that was possible. Calum was next, his hair was also fluffy, but slightly quiffed. He wore a tank top (presumably to show off his biceps). And finally Ashton. He still had those ash brown curls. As he entered, he let out a small chuckle, his dimples showing. Note: Do not give into those adorable dimples.

For a while we played a few games of FIFA. Michael loved it. He sat with Tayla and Lauren either side, Luke with Shelby, and awkwardly, Calum and Ash beside me. We stayed almost silent.

"I'm just going to touch up my make up." I said, exiting towards my bedroom. "What for? You look beautiful!" Ashton shouted. Why. Why. Why. He's making it damn hard for me to hate him right now. I stormed through and ignored his annoyingly cute comment.

As I went to leave my room, Ashton Entered. He gestured me back in. "Please, can we talk?" I sighed but I let him speak. We sat down on the floor. He let out another giggle. "Ironic." He said. "What is?" I asked slightly annoyed that he found this situation funny. "Your shirt. I prefer the drummer." "Yes. That's what it says. A* for reading." I said, before clapping sarcastically. "No, no. I'm also a drummer. Us four are in a band." He said, pointing out the rest of the guys. I felt kinda embarassed. Does he think this is about him? "Oh, um, I didn't even know, I ju-"

 "I really don't want things to be awkward after last night." he interrupted. I left a slight pause. I just pretended not to know about him fancying my sister. "Last night? I don't recall."

 "You know. Me telling you I like you and you totally blowing me off? That is why you're being so funny is-"

 "You did what?"

 "Please don't make me say it again, I'm sorry. I had only known you a couple of hours I should never of s-"

 "You do realise I'm not Tayla, right?"

 "Of course?"

 "Well you didn't last night." His expression went blank. He slapped his hand against his mouth.

 "No. I didn't do what I think you're saying did I?"

 "You told my sister that you like her, yes."

 "Shit! I'm so sorry. I was so drunk. You're twins. Its easy to mistake when you're not thinking clearly. I'm so sorr-" I couldn't help but laugh. "Wow Ashton. You're such a dumbass." We both chuckled.

 "What did you just call me?" He said playfully as he wrestled me to the ground.

Our fun was interrupted by Lauren shouting us in for a game. I ran out, Ashton followed. Before I got out of the door, he grabbed me back. "What would you of said last night. You know, if I asked the right person?" He whispered. I looked at him and smiled. "What do you think?"