"So you are okay with him being my friend?" I searched his eyes to see if there was any doubt.

"Of course. I trust you, Studs,"

I give him a bigger smile as I lean into him. He wraps his arms around me. I place a kiss on his lips and he gladly kisses me back. He pulls back and kisses my cheek.

"Brax will be taking you to the mall today," He says nervously. I give him a confused look.

"What? Why?" He scratches the back of his neck.

"My father called me into work. I told him that I took today off for a reason but he said that it was extremely important. I would normally tell him to go to hell but you know I have been trying so hard to get on his good side for this promotion,"

"Yeah, it's okay, Knox," He searched my eyes to see if there was doubt. He lets out a soft sigh.

"Okay, I'll make it up to you," I kiss him again but quickly before pulling away from him.

"You better," He chuckles and releases me.

I glanced at the doorway to see Brax had left and given us privacy. I walk out of the room and see him on the couch. He was watching something on his phone. He looks up notices me and sets his phone to the side.

"So, Snowball," I give him a small chuckle while sitting next to him.

"Yes, Butterball?" He smiles more.

"Just to the mall today?" I give him a confused look.

"What do you mean?" He shrugs.

"You have me and my truck for the day. We go wherever you choose,"

I hum while drawing my knee up to rest my chin on it. He watches the movement and his lips curl. I raise an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"You do that quite often," I look down at my knee and lick my lips.

"Yeah, it's a habit that I picked up from my mother," I mumble while looking back at him. He tilts his head.

"I wonder..." He eyes my supernatural pjs and looks back at me. "I wonder if you look like your mother," I open my mouth to reply when I hear Knox let out a hum from behind me.

"Her spitting image. I swear. When they are standing next to each other the only difference between them is her mother's beautiful gray hair and age-defining lines. They are both beautiful," I look at him and smile. He winks at me before looking at Brax.

"Now I would love to see that," Brax says.

I look back at him to see him grinning ear to ear. His smile was enough to make me smile without a warning.

"I should get going, Baby," I look at Knox and give him a small nod.

"Okay," He bends down and kisses me softly. I hum while leaning into the kiss. He pulls away with a satisfied smile.

"Depending on what time I get out of work will determine whether or not I come over,"

"It's okay if you come in late. I don't usually go to bed until late anyway," He straightens himself.

"I'll think about it," He walks towards the door and stops while opening it. He looks over his shoulder to me. "Can you work on getting me a key? I don't like knocking to come in," I I lean back on the couch.

"Yeah, I'll put it on my list of things to do today,"

He winks before walking out the door and closing it behind him. I stare at the door for a moment while letting out a deep breath. I rest my chin back on my knee.