CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Start from the beginning

When I mastered that, he showed me how to glide across the ice. Like his brother, Levi was just as amazing of a skater. Levi made sure to stay by my side as I slowly started to glide across the ice. I couldn't stop the smile making its way across my face when I started to get better.

"I did it!" I exclaimed.

"Yes you did," he laughed. "Okay, let's see if you can skate from here, to Sarah."

I slight frowned. "You've got this, Mia!" Sarah yelled. Jacob and Ben are also with her, cheering me on. Levi said that he would stick with me just in case, and I was glad that he said that.

I took a deep breath, and pushed myself to do it. I inwardly prayed that I wouldn't end up going to the hospital after this. I know that I was only skating one half of the rink, but still.

I've got this. I've so got this.

x-X-x

"I did it!" I cheered.

Everyone laughed at me, but I couldn't care at the moment. Sarah gave me a hug while the guys just gave me high-fives. I know I'm not a pro at skating yet, but I'm getting there. I have to say, Levi is a great teacher. He made me learn the basics of skating in under an hour.

Soon enough, it was time to head back home. We all went back into Ben's car, and I grabbed my phone which I forgot in the car. My eyes winded at the number of texts I revived during the past two hours we were skating.

They were all form Ace.

300 texts and 164 missed calls.

Most of them at first were Ace complaining about his father and Mindy. Especially his father. Then he said how much he wanted to be with me, and how much he missed me, before he started to question why I wouldn't answer his messages.

I knew he must be more than worried—terrified even right now. I knew Ace came up with the craziest scenarios, so I immediately called him. Just after the first ring, he picked up the phone.

"Mia! Are you okay!? Why didn't you pick up? I was so worried! Did anything happen to you! Did—"

"I'm fine Ace," I interrupt. "We all went skating for the past two hours, and I forgot my phone in the car."

Ace sighed, and even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Okay, but please don't do that again," he begged.

"I promise," I replied. "So, how did it go?"

"I finally got him to spill. I know why he signed the contract."

- Ace King -

"How many time do I have to fucking tell them!? I don't want to marry his fucking daughter!"

"Language."

"Whatever," I mutter. There was a knock on the door, and I knew exactly who it was. "Ugh, I have to go. But I'll call you late, okay?"

"Alright. Good luck," she chuckled.

I'll need it.

Mia hung up, and I walked over to the door to open it, revealing my father. He had his business suit on, that Mindy and her father will soon be arriving since I last saw him in casual wear.