Day Five

I stayed in the cave for the next four days.

I would hike to a pond about three minutes away so I could get water.

Today was the day to find Ryder.

No one died on day two and the girl from 8, Ainslee died on day three.

No one died yesterday.

I grabbed my backpack, my belt, stuffed my knives in my belt and grabbed my bow and arrows and headed out. Just in case I needed to come back, I made sure the ca w was covered.

I walked about a mile when I spotted the Careers walking my way. The girl from 2, Rosemarie, the girl from 5, Mavis, the boy from 9, Kobe, and both from 12, Patty, and the baddest, Rex.
I guessed that Roxy, the career from 9, was off on her own. Finnick told me she was smart, barely talked and liked to keep tk herself.

Crap! What would Finnick tell me to do?
Then I remembered his voice.
"Trees are good for hiding just be extra quiet."

I looked around and spotted a climbing tree. I grabbed broth my knives and used them to help guide me to the top.

If they camp here, I could kill them in their sleep.

I sat extra quiet and listened to their conversation.

"We've got to get that girl from 6."
Rosemarie said.

I scolded.

"Why?" Kobe asked.
"Why not get the guy first?"

Mavis rolled her eyes.
"Y'all are so bad with names. It's Brook and Ryder."

"Shut up. No one cares about their names." Rex snapped.

I heard something in the tree next to me and I know the Careers heard it too. Oh God, please don't find me first.

The Careers stopped.
"What was that?" Patty asked.
"Is there an animal?!"

"No!" Rex yelled.
"The only animals smart enough to make noise around us would be that girl from 10 or the boy from three."

"Monet and Carlisle." Mavis corrected.

Rex scolded her.
"Do you want me to snap your neck?!" He screamed, causing her to flinch.

She shook her head.

"Say one more thing about their names and I will!"

She nodded in understanding.

I looked to my right and Monet was sitting in the tree.

"Someone's I'm that tree. Let's camp here tonight. Rose, Kobe, y'all stay for guard. Mavis, Patty, and I will go grab some food."
Rex instructed walking away.

I looked at Monet and remembered what Finnick said.
"She'd be a good ally."

"Allies?" I motioned to her.

She nodded.
She brought a hand to her neck and made a dead face meaning
"Kill them in their sleep?"

I shrugged. "We can try."

Hours later, after sitting in the tree and eating what was left of my rabbit, my bottom was starting to get numb. I tried to move a little bit but shook the tree.

I sat there like a statue at this point.

"Where's Rex, Patty, and Mavis?"

"I don't know."

Either Rosemarie and Kobe didn't hear me or they were just acting like it. I looked at Monet and she was sound asleep.

God I hope she doesn't snore.

Just in case, I was already set to leave the tree. The knives in my belt, belt around my waist, backpack on my back, and arrow ready to fire.

Ten minutes later I was falling asleep when a sharp pain entered my leg. I shrieked. Kobe knew i was there and threw a knife.

I turned and shot him as Rosemarie fleet off.

I started to cry as I lost more blood.

Monet jumped down from her tree and helped me out of mine.

"I can't do this." I said over and over again as she laid me on the ground.

I grabbed the knife and yanked it out of my leg and Monet covered it with her jacket.

"It's ok. You'll be ok. You can make it." She said.

She cleaned off the knife and put it in my belt.

It hurt so bad.

•Finnick's POV•
I sat in front of the computers and watched Brook suffer.

I wanted to send the medicine down right away but we always had to wait until the next day.

•Brook's POV•
I tried not to close my eyes when I got a hold of my necklace.

Finnick's voice popped into my head. "So you'll remember who your fighting for."

I helped Monet guide us to my cave and we stayed in there for a while until the Fallen played.

No deaths except Kobe.