Not A Monster

'Sometimes the person you'd take a bullet for, is behind the trigger.'

Alice:

"Care to explain what happened earlier?" A voice asks from behind me. I smirk but quickly turn it into an innocent smile.

"Care to explain what event in particular you're talking about?" I question my dad who's standing by my room door.

He steps inside and shuts the door. "How about we start with the fact that you stabbed a hunter and almost killed him." He speaks with an emotionless face, but the anger in his voice makes it all to clear that he is beyond pissed.

I may not respond well to authority but I've never been one to go against my parents, I guess there's a first time for everything.

"You said it yourself I 'almost' killed him. Which means he's not dead, which means I don't now why your here lecturing me." I retort, crossing my arms across my chest.

"What we should be doing right now is resting up for when we go kill the Kanima and Derek." I state, irritated that he's lecturing me like a five year old who drew on the wall.

I don't even know why the hell he's ignoring the fact that I only resort to violence when it's necessary to help send a message. This time it just happened to be the fact that a hunter answered my question stupidly and was beating up an innocent human.

He gives me an almost solemn look, almost as if he's noticing something for the first time. "I've watched you grow into the woman you are today, Alice. And I know that you don't show others you care about them the same way most people do." He starts.

"What are you getting at dad?" I question, dropping my hands to my sides. I can't help but feel the lump in my throat form.

"There is a part of you, no matter how small it is, that doesn't want Derek getting hurt." He speaks, making me take a step back.

"Because if you didn't then you would have taken a group of hunters with you, gone to where you know that he's hiding, and have killed him by now."

The horrible thing right now is that there's the tiniest bit of me that is grinning in joy because someone finally pointed it out. Because somebody finally made me realize that I was stupid enough to let a tiny piece of my wall crumble. And now I can't help but wonder how many of those smiles or laughs I gave Derek were actually real.

I let out a laugh of disbelief, and shake away the stupid thoughts in my head. "Wow dad, now what would mom think of you giving the green light for your daughters to date a werewolf." I sarcastically respond, turning towards my closet to put away my weapons.

Probably not the best idea because next thing I know I feel a small prick of a needle on my neck right before everything goes black.

▪▪

I let out a heavy groan as I rest on my elbows and take in my surroundings. "Son of a bitch." I let out an extremely agitated huff of air as I slowly rise from my bed.

"I can't believe he knocked me out." I mumble, rubbing the spot where the needle stabbed my neck.

Glancing towards my clock I let out a sigh of relief, good I wasn't out for long. Now what the heck is this? I grab the small paper folded in half from my nightstand and open it.

We're at the warehouse

if you wake up and feel any better. ~Al

What doe she mean by warehouse? It only takes me a split second to realize where she's talking about. I hurry to throw on both of my shoes and grab my weapons before rushing out the door. As I run out of my house, and to my car I can't help but feel like today is going to be one hell of a night.