My eyes trail down to his biceps that I was currently resting my hand on. They were firm and hard as he held me. I clear my throat while pulling out of his grasp. His muscle shirt did him justice as well as his black joggers. He had to be Puerto Rican because of the accident he had.

"Do you speak English?" He says with a soft chuckle after. His eyes went all over me to see if there was any physical damage.

"Ah, yes, I do. And no, I am okay. I should have been paying attention to where I was walking," I murmur. He flashes me a sexy smile that sends tingles all over my body.

Holy shit! If this is what all New Yorkers look like then I'm in big trouble.

"Are you sure you are okay? You were holding your head as if it hurts," I gave him a confused look as I noticed that I was indeed holding my head still. I pull my hand back down.

"The impact just made my head spin for a second. I am not hurt," He gives me a slight nod.

"That's a relief," He holds his hand to me and I look at it. "I am Brax," I place my hand in his and look up at him.

"I am Poppy," He gives my hands a slight shake.

"Well, Poppy, it was nice meeting you. I stay at a house around the corner with my sister. It has a hideous rug with a cat on the porch. If you need anything or find yourself in a jam, just knock," I give him a small smile before drawing my arms around myself.

"You just told me where you live," He nods.

"I did," I let out a snort.

"You have no idea if I am a murderer or not. You just met me," He chuckles.

"I own a gun. Besides, I am a really good judge of character,"

"Nice to know," He gives me a nod before walking off towards his house. I watched him walk away until he was no longer in sight before turning to the apartment building in front of me.

I walked in and a lady was walking downstairs with a handful of keys. She had her gaze on the floor as she walked. I stop by the staircase as she makes it to the bottom step. "Excuse me,"

She picks up her head to look at me shocked for a moment. Her lips curl to a warm smile. "You must be Poppy Adams," I give her a slight nod.

"Yes, are you, Bea Lovehart?" She gives me a simple nod and looks down at her keys. She unclips a set of them and holds them out to me.

"Here you are. Do you need me to show you to the apartment?" I look at the stairs before looking back at her.

"No, I came here two weeks ago to check it out. I know where it is,"

"Well, in that case, you are all set to move in. As I said, everything in there is either new or almost new. The mattresses are new along with the couch," I smile.

"Thank you very much," She walks past me towards the door.

"If you need anything, you have my number," She walks out and I look at the stairs. I walk up the first set and then the second. I get to the door and use the key to unlock it. I smile as I hear the click.

The apartment is a two-bedroom, one-bath. The dining room was across from the kitchen when you walked in. The kitchen is on your left and the dining room is on your right.

The countertops were large and there was an island countertop. They were all made of blue marble. A stainless steel refrigerator. The bathrooms were pretty big. The living room had a brown three-seater couch and a two-seater couch.

The bedrooms were equipped with beds, dressers, end tables, and closets. There were white transparent curtains on the windows. A grey color carpet in both bedrooms.