The Beast Below - Two

Start from the beginning

"No. Never forgot, never voted, not technically a British subject."

"Then who and what are you, and how do you know us?" The Doctor asked narrowing his eyes a little.

"Sweetheart you really don't know do you?" She asked as he looked at her blinking.

"You know who she is?" He asked.

"Oh, he will figure it out." She sighed patting his shoulder. "Sorry, Liz." She sent the woman an apologetic look. "He only just regenerated not long ago." She then raised a hand trying to tease the Doctor even more by holding it so he couldn't read her lips while whispering. "He's a little slow."

"I am not slow!" He looked at her offended.

"Of course not sweetheart." She kissed his cheek then turned to Liz mouthing 'Yeah he is.' only to tease the Time Lord even more. She found teasing him to be quite hilarious when he got so defensive and in denial in this regeneration. Something she knew she would end up doing a lot.

Liz glanced at him raising a brow trying to help the Doctor understand who she exactly was. "You're a bit hard to miss, love. Mysterious stranger, M O consistent with higher alien intelligence..." He smugly looked at the Stone tweaking his bowtie. "...hair of an idiot." His face fell and the Stone snorted while the Doctor ran a hand through his wet hair making it go straight backwards while the Stone swallowed not wanting to admit that the look did look good on him. "I've been brought up on the stories. My whole family was."

"Your family?" He frowned.

There was a quiet buzzing and Liz glanced round the Time Lords to see the Smilers twitching. "They're repairing. Doesn't take them long. Let's move." She gestured them to follow. The Time Lords oblidged following Liz out with Amy behind them.

"The Doctor and the Stone. Old drinking buddies of Henry Twelve. He tried to marry you." Liz nodded at the Stone who grumbled a little remembering having to get the Doctor to help convince the king not to propose to the Time Lady. "...Tea and scones with Liz Two. Vicky was a bit on the fence about you, weren't she?" Liz looked at the Doctor. "...Knighted and exiled you on the same day, but not the Stone." She raised a brow at the blonde.

"You could say I was another species back then..." She muttered then lowered her voice. "...literally."

"And so much for the virgin Queen." Liz looked over at the Doctor who shifted a little uncomfortably. "Must have been weird seeing her marry your husband not just before you married him yourself." She looked at the Time Lady.

"She did dislike me for an odd reason... whether it was because she knew I was already engaged to him... and he did tell her that he wouldn't be coming back."

"And nothing did ever happen between us no matter what people tell you." The Doctor huffed then blinked. "Liz Ten." The Doctor mumbled before his eyes widened in realisation.

"Liz Ten, yeah. Elizabeth the Tenth." She nodded. "And down!" Liz shouted shooting the Smilers with a gun in both hands just after the three ducked.

Holding her guns in the air she smugly looked down at the Doctor. "I'm the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule."

"I'm not denying it." The Stone laughed impressed. Not that she would ever, ever hold a gun after what happened to her family and entire planet. But she couldn't deny that it was impressive.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The five walked through a corridor while Liz explained to them different parts of the ship as they wondered. "There's a high-speed Vator through there." She pointed in a direction then stopped beside a grating looking at a couple of tentacles hitting at it. "Oh, yeah. There's these things." She frowned not having a clue of what they were she glanced at the Time Lords. "Any ideas?"