Breaking Away from The World Around Us

Date in the story: August 10th, 2011

Greyson's P.O.V.:

So many sounds around me. So many things I'd grown to get used to in the past two years. Honestly, it was exciting at first but now it's just a blur.

I wish I was a kid again. Back in Oklahoma, with Lauren.. I know, I know! She broke my heart. I know it does. But.....UGH. See why it drives me crazy?

Tonight we were back in Ohio. The fans here are great, and I love seeing my friends that live here. Maybe tonight will be the night that I will fall for a girl that will change everything. That's how it ends in my dreams, but in reality every night I never find that special girl. Maybe it'll change. Which is why right before I stepped onto stage, I looked up and whispered, "Please just let it be tonight." And went on the stage.

Nicole's P.O.V.:

Gosh, where do I start? My name's Nicole. I'm 13 (almost 14!!!!) and I live in Ohio. I have a brother and a sister, Will and Ashlee. I'm a writer, I write fan flicks and stuff, but nothing real serious. And I LOVE music <3

I play guitar a little, but I feel like music is just....me. My favorite musical artist ever would be Greyson Chance. Sounds like a fan obsession I know, but I really do like him. He's got so much talent, but that's not exactly what gets me. It's that he chooses not to write about girls more and writes about life problems.

So I was seeing him in concert tonight. It was me and a friend of mine. He was on tour with Miranda Cosgrove, and so we decided to go. Greyson was opening for her and I was so stoked to finally see him live.

Seeing him live was so undescribable. I thought I'd cry, but I didn't. His album had just come out, so I mistaked a few of them for another. I felt like a bad fan, but it'd only been out for a week or two,

My friend, Sydney, and I sang along and waved our hands back and forth in the slow songs. I could've swore that Greyson saw me and he looked like he was singing to me. I was swooning over him just when the last song came.

"Thank you guys so much, you all have been great! Please check out my album Hold on til the night in stores now! And please welcome my good friend Miranda Cosgrove. Thank you Ohio!!!!!!!"

We cheered as he walked off stage. We waited a while, and we saw his band members walk up the steps up to the park area of the arena. Sydney and I walked down to the gates to his tour bus, but they wouldn't let us back there. I gave them my letter and told them about what had happened and they said they'd take it back there with no hesitation.

We watched some of Miranda's performance, but then we went to the merch table. We both bought t-shirts and a poster. We talked to his band members and they seemed like they were really nice.

But the action didn't happen until....until we decided to leave the outdoors arena. As risky as it was, we knew we could wait outside of his tour bus and it'd be okay.

We were just at the curb where we were going to cross. We'd walked about a block or two. The guy managing the roads told us we needed to get to the other side, but right around when that happened we saw Greyson. The other girls didn't see him since they were on the other side of the road. Greyson was walking from one bus to the other. He saw us and smiled, and he waved. We squealed and cheered as we moved over to the other side of the street. All I could  think about was his blue jeans, his classic Beatles shirt....his converse. How he was so normal, and how he must miss home....and I understand how he must feel.

"Hi." a girl with black hair said. "I'm Rachel. You guys waiting for Greyson?"

"Yes." I said. "He just waved to us."