Chapter 3: Arrival

Start from the beginning

"Twelve, to be precise."

Samantha grabbed Crystal's arms and turned her to face each other. "You weren't panicked on the plane?"

"I was, at first," Crystal nodded. She shrugged. "But somehow, Mark made it ok."

"Mark did?" Samantha asked, a smile spreading on her face. "Mark Tuan made flying ok?"

"Not ok," Crystal answered, turning towards the receptionist again. "Just bearable enough to sleep."

Samantha's mouth dropped as she stared after her friend. Crystal smiled at the receptionist, and turned to look at Samantha. She smiled, and turned back to the receptionists. "Sorry my friend is a little surprised."

"How can I help you?" the receptionist said.

"I'd like to check in, please."

As Crystal gave the receptionist her information, she looked at Crystal in surprise. "You are the fiancée of Mark Tuan from Got7, right?"

"Yes, well soon-to-be fiancée, I guess."

"My sister loves Got7. Her bias is Jackson."

"Oh, he's so wonderfully sweet," Crystal said, nodding. "Every one of them are very nice."

"Oh, well we will be keeping your privacy as well as we can. No fans will be coming into the hotel to bother you, I promise you."

"Thank you, but I don't think they're going to be very interested in me."

"They are, because you're going to be married to Mark, but we will help keep them out of your way, I promise."

Crystal walked, with Samantha, to her hotel room. She looked around the hotel, while Sam turned on the TV. The room was spacious, with two beds. Crystal lied down on one of them, and put her hands behind her back. She turned to Samantha, who was plastered to the TV watching an episode of Weekly Idol. Something funny happened, but Crystal didn't know what. Samantha, however, started laughing. Crystal shook her head, and walked over to the window in the tall building. The window was actually a door, leading to a small balcony outside.

Crystal walked out onto the balcony, and stared dumbfounded. From where she was, she could see the mountain range, and she smiled. There was a soft fog covering some of it, and she just wanted to go and explore it. Directly under her, the hustle and bustle of Seoul was calling to her too. She bit her lip, and turned to look at Samantha.

"So, do I have to exchange my money from American money to Korean money?" she asked.

Samantha turned to look at her. "Some people accept American money, but most people don't." She furrowed her brow. "I guess that would be a yes, you should. Though, it'd be more convenient to pay for whatever you want to buy with a card." Samantha sat up, her eyes glowing. "Why, do you want to go shopping?"

"Like you need any incentive to go out shopping," Crystal answered, grinning.

"But you want to go," Samantha insisted. "That's why you're wanting to know about the money and stuff."

"If you must know, yes, I do."

"We should wait for Mark," Samantha answered. "I think he wants to show you the city, so we should really wait for him."

She had to admit, the prospect of experiencing the city for the first time with Mark was just too wonderful to pass up. She was, however, bored, and she wasn't sure she was going to be able to wait until five when Mark showed up. She turned back to the scenery out on the balcony, and she sighed. She wasn't made to be cooped up. She was used to going out to lessons, or going out with her friends. She bit her lower lip, and stared hard at the mountains.