QUINCE

-

-

FEBRUARY CAME QUICKER than Nita and Paulo expected. It was February 2nd, Nita and Paulo were seated at a restaurant in Venice, both Paulo and Nita were getting bored of always being in Turin; Paulo also wanted to explore Venice and know more about Nita's hometown- even more about herself and her past.

"Nita, do you miss-" Paulo asked but before he could finish his sentence, Nita cut him off because she knew what he was going to say.

"Paulo, let it go," she told him, looking ahead of him as she waited for their food to arrive, considering they just arrived 20 minutes ago, at 3:25 p.m. They were suppose to be early but Paulo arrived later than he was suppose to.

"But you obviously miss him, give him a chance," he explained, he know what her father did to Nita and her mother was wrong but he wanted her father to be forgiven, he wanted her father to be apart of Nita's life, especially since she was expecting in July.

"Paulo, what's gotten into? Why are you bringing this up? I know you're bored because you haven't played football in a month and you're upset you're not going to play against Tottenham, but Paulo, you know I hate talking about this," she snapped, the pregnancy was getting to the point where all she wanted to do was get the babies out, all she could feel were cramps and the babies kicking her.

Nita knew what Paulo was going to say, she quickly spoke again. "I know you think I'm paranoid and you think that I think you're going to leave me but no Paulo, I know you and I know that you'd never do that. You don't have to worry about me, I love you but, it's okay."

Paulo rolled his eyes. "Please try to talk to him, he wants to know how you're doing. But I told him that if he wants to know, he should ask you."

"I don't want to talk to him," Nita said while she unlocked her phone to answer a text from Selina, who she had not seen in over a month due to both of their busy lives, Selina was getting used to the life of being a Law student and had no time for contact.

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't," she shook her head.

"Yes, you do!" Paulo argued. Nita smiled and laugh. "You're smiling, because you know I'm right," he said causing Nita just smile again and shake her head.

"Your dad loves me, I'm surprised. I thought he wouldn't like me, but he likes the thought of me dating you," he laughed.

"By the way," he added. "How are we going to tell people we're together? Should I just do one of those Instagram posts, you know?" both Nita and Paulo laughed.

Nita shrugged her shoulders. "I don't mind, I love you either way, but it wouldn't really matter, it's obvious we're together. I see all the rumours and everything. Everyone already knows we're together."