The Escape

I ran until I got to the market, it was night so many people were drunk. I darted my eyes toward Miss Carlosa and our eyes met. She must have known something was up but then I heard the gun sound. Bang. How did he keep up with me? I mean it's not that hard but i guess I should have kept running. I stood there for a few seconds until he was almost right next to me but to my surprisement he swept me off of my feet. What I thought was the Mexican badass.

    "You should have kept running Junie." he stated nonchalantly.

"Like I don't know that!" I screamed frustrated.

 "Then why didn't you?" I thought that over a few times and I came up with no answer. It wasn't like someone was holding me purposely down (which I'm sure Mexican guy would've done) or I was frozen on the sidewalk, I was just.... stuck . The unknown person (who I had not yet glanced at) took my long pause as a reason to talk again.

"Ahh stuck in your own ways, huh? I remember you as being slightly stubborn but you're born to be a killer. Of course I'll be the one teaching you, dear cousin." In one second I remembered exactly who it was. I wanted to hug him but he was still running. I no longer saw the man who killed my father but he still ran anyway. He stopped and put me down . I flung my arms around him "AXEL I missed you! You promised me it would only be a week .A week turned into 5 long years of my life."

"Ah sorry i actually went to school to improve my skills as a mastermind at almost every thing, I'm a jack of all trades." Axel snorted. Cocky, I see.

"You're also a horrible cousin but I love you... I think. Anyway, what's going on I'd like to know?" Axel gave me a look. I knew it was strange to be starting chit chat when there was a guy most likely out to kill me, but I was concerned about my cousin.

"Well, since you're going to technically have to handle this by yourself you need to know some things. This is all I know, your dad's a mass drug seller. The top one I think." He paused to let it sink in I guess. He said that like I had no clue, drugs were a common smell in my house.

"I don't think it has anything to do with this, though. I found out by searching the guy that, um was after him. But strangely he doesn't do drugs or at least he is clean by private files, that I have recovered (or hacked into) . Your dad was also kind of a thief he was very thrifty ,though he never let himself slip. And I know you think he's an idiot but he was a very smart person up until now. He let something go wrong during the little deal your father had with Renzo. Renzo is related to that guy that's chasing you in fact that guy is Renzo's boss, it's kind of a family business."

"What was the deal?" I asked. I didn't dare to question his knowledge on the case.

"That I'm not to sure of. I do know of your father stealing something from Renzo and Renzo was found dead a couple a days ago. Renzo was a loved one to that business and since they believed your father has it they want to avenge Renzo and also since that guy felt so betrayed, he wanted to get back at your dad anyway."

"So what am I suppose to do?" He was telling me of the case but he never explained my doings in the situation.

"Well first of all find the thing he is looking for ,see if its worth anything. Second of all, figure out about the deal and why hes so upset. Finally, eliminate him either because you want to avenge your father, I think. You want whatever the thing is." He wheezed from running hard. Really, was this guy that fat?

"Mmmm so are you going to help me?"

"Uh, I'm not sure yet because you're untrained, you're a little young and that would complex we would have to stay together for a long time and build up a society . It's harder then it sounds you want the finest, sharpest, strongest people for the best gang."

"I guess so. So when do we start?" I asked looking around for Mexican guy. 

"I guess tomorrow but now we need to climb that escape ladder to my place." he said pointing up to the rustily built metal staircase hanging on the side of the old abandoned apartment building. "Why? Can't we use the door?"

"Because, I would like to feel like a ninja spy. Got a problem?" He snapped walking toward the escape ladder. This was going to be crazy and I knew it.

By: StelaStar

Edited by: TryingToGetThrough