A b o u t

-(The following beautiful comments or words are from my few best, amazing and favourite readers, BarakAllah feekum!)-

This is not a comment from a reader, rather it's my (the author's) words to this special reader. I haven't thought about this book in what, years? You reminded me of it and it was refreshing, brought back a lot of memories.Your comments were the thing that I used to look forward to in between the boring lectures of the professors in class, scrolling them down, smiling underneath or even laughing sometimes, my heart used to swell will nostalgia and this weird feeling of happiness, I guess? You are the best, thank you for your time, effort, support and love for this story, it was a great journey with you and with the book, May God bless you in both worlds and grant you happiness and success forever. nooceeH

Let's start from how I came across this book. Before this, I was reading 'Operation: Dard and Devotion', a book which wrecks your heart, yet the poor heart, yearns for more and more. Anyways, after I was done with the above mentioned book, 'Guilted: Wars Against The Past' came in my recommended list and that is where this journey started. So, the title & book cover hold a great deal of significance for me. If they please my eyes, I decide to read the excerpt and hence the book. It wouldn't be true, if I say that this book was predictable because it wasn't, not one bit. Nothing cliche or anything near to the word cliche. But, a reality! Things that commonly occur around us, to people around us yet we choose to ignore them. All those looking for something apart from cliche, lovey dovey, sappy and predictable cute novels, this is your spot. Right here! Where you can explore the depth of life, significance of small talks & of making memories, way of over coming your guilt, hatred, anger & frustration. Come fall in love, not only with yourself but also with your Creator! Everything about this book is amazing. Whether it be the starting quotes, Ahadiths, Quran verses to mind blowing cliff hangers. Everything is so well written that it puts you in a dilemma of whether to continue or to go back and read the same previous chapter, again!

Lateef: I have to, I want to, I need to end his life!

Sahar: Sahar's character was exceptionally phenomenal in this book. A calm, collected character; one of such characters, who I really want to learn from. People like Sahar are difficult to find; they're a rarity, in real life. But as they say, about good people: find them, cherish them, adore them, protect them but most of all keep them. Don't push them away thinking they deserve better or you're not worth it. Maybe you're what that makes them happy and they're what that keeps you sane and intact. P.s: it was very hard and difficult to write about her. </3

Adel: That one character who I have been hating since the start. But at the end, I have come to pity him. He not only lost his wife but his daughter too. What left was his son, who he lost despite him being alive. But it's suffice to say, that my feelings took an entire 360° turn towards the end, all thanks to this amazing author!

Abed: I love him. I love him. I love him. I love him. Abed is a perfect example of what we say: going astray. Has a heart of gold, a true gem that's been tarnished due to the heavy burdens life threw at him. I might come off biased but he is a true gem, which has been coated with a layer of dirt & dust; and needed a bit of polishing. Abed's character is filled with insecurities, anger, hatred, insanity, guilt but what out cast all of these flaws of his is his patience, strong character, true belief, solid faith and most of all: putting others before himself. Abed is not only a character but a lesson, in himself. His character reflected light on varies topics, which we all can relate to very easily.The more I talk and/or think about Abed, the more I love him, and sometimes pity; but as Abed himself said: 'Allah's plan over his.'