A time to end it

Chapter 1:

Where do I begin?  These past years have been far from a walk in the park. Society has only just started to finally pick itself up and patch itself up little by little. Remembering everything that’s happened since the start is not something I want to do. I want to leave the past where it is and not dig it up. The memories of course I will keep but the people’s faces and voices escape me. I want them back. I miss them. I miss her. She taught me that fear is what makes us who we are and it defines our character forever. Keep moving forward. Forward, that’s where I’m heading from here. It’s starting to get easier. I was alone for so long. With nobody. I broke her number one rule of no tag along’s and no groups. We survived for so long together we didn’t need anyone. We had each other. We had grown fearless and we didn’t need anyone else to change that. Weakness in times like that got you killed. The initial breakout was almost harmless, or so we had thought just a few dead animals had caught it. House pets the typical things that people don’t really care about. Until people had started getting sick, I mean really sick. Once it was in you, there was no stopping that thing. It would literally turn your body against you and you were no longer a person you had lost your humanity a long time ago. Its process slow and gruelling you would feel your own consciousness slipping away day by day. And then you would turn. And you were gone. It started to spread through small towns until it had gotten itself into the cities. Mutating and changing every day. Until all it would require was a bite. One bite to get into your blood stream. All of those people dead, all of those cities gone. All because humans have it in their nature to try and fucking fix things that aren’t broken. It would always be something that would wipe us away. In the end, it wasn’t war or global warming. It’s a little funny now I think about it.

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah, let’s get out of here”

Never look back. Keep moving forward.    

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah, let’s get out of here”

“Come here” Antony opens his arms for a hug. I step forward, slightly hesitant. His face which I have grown to love. His green eyes pierce into mine. “It’s going to be ok, alright?” he whispers to me. “Once we get there we can sleep a bit easier. For once we will be safe” I nod in agreement. He pulls back and stares at me for a moment before he leans in, his lips meeting mine. “Let’s go”. Never look back, keep moving forward.