Chapter 8

Miley's funeral:

Jake's P.O.V.

After her aunt went they called me up on stage and I took a deep breath.

"Hello, I'm Jake Waters. Miley was my best friend." I said taking a deep breath. "She was perfect. In every way just perfect. But not everyone believed she was as brave as she was. No one believed in her. And now she's gone. She was scared. Scared of loosing all of you. But let's get off that topic and just talk about her." I smiled. "Miley was so outgoing. Always the life of the party. Always loud. Fun." I laughed. "Her personality consisted of mostly 3 things. She had a great sense of humor. She was shy at first. And she was not afraid to defend the ones she loved. I remember one day when we were about 13 or 14 we went out to the park. She told me that she would be my best friend until the end. And I said 'The end's really far away.' And she gave me this look. This look that I would never see again and she said, 'That's the point.' She knew that we would always find a way to stick together. And you see, we did. I could tell you all plenty of stories but I just have so many. So I will say this." I took a deep breath. "I never told her this, but I'm in love with her. I was so worried this was going to happen and it's my fault. I should have just stayed with her." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. "My dad asked me, when I went to visit him Monday in the hospital, he said, 'Why'd you come?' I simply told him that I was there to see him. All he said was, 'Miley needs you.' And he was right. She did need me. She needed all of you. And nobody was there for her. And I don't know about you. But I'm pretty pissed off at myself for not noticing that. And I leave you with one last question. If you could go back in time and save her. Would you? Cause I'm sure as hell I would." And I went to her. "I love you." I said one last time as I kissed her hardened lips.