When I am Still Alive- The Story of Army's Lost Love

When I am Still Alive- The Story of Army’s Lost Love

I travelled to Chittagong by plane to see an old friend of mine whom I chat with in social networking site at USA. I was so desperate to meet him that I would love to make a documentary on him- Major Kabir Ahmed, the role model. He was an army doctor who served people even before their deaths. He had been into several battles and sacrificed his life towards people as never cared about himself.

When I reached there, I saw the group of army officers was holding a signboard. My name was written there- ‘Media Journalist, Waheed Khan’. I was surprised that he was not present to see me. Whatever, in the chat-he described himself as a busy man. After I went to the guest house which was between small hills, I saw that the house was enormous. If I look far, the guesthouse looked small. It was two storied. The stairs were high that if someone had a height phobia, they would get a heart attack but thank God that they had separate stairs for them. The army people offered me to take some breakfast. After few minutes, I saw a man was coming out from the luxurious car- it was Major Kabir Ahmed. He was tall, healthy and fit as usual army officers. He had a short beard and long hair which was combed at the back. 

“Hello Mr. Waheed Khan. Pleasure to meet you” said the Major politely.

“Pleasure to meet you too, sir” said I.

We just sat down and talked about a new assignment given in the USA to catch a criminal. He told me to take some rest in the extra bedroom. As the other officers described his excess egoistic behavior, I was not really surprised because he replies my chat when it is necessary. To know more about him, I met someone close to the major-his best friend, Sabbir.  He said that it may not be necessary to ask about his arrogant behavior. After that I secretly went to his room, I searched. But something fell down from the wardrobe. It was a diary. I picked it up and as I opened the page, I read that flashed twenty years ago.

 There was a nerd. Not a nerd who wears glasses but a nerd who was quite simple at heart. He was Kabir. At a time, he was short but barely recognized appearance because he looked like a child of fifteen years who was in his early twenties. He was not as popular as now he is at the present. At college, people used to make fun of him. He was attracted to one of the bullies of his class. She was beautiful but tomboyish. Her name was Aminah. When Kabir added Aminah in the social networking site, she did not talk to him but abused him indirectly. Then Kabir came to know that she used to love stunts given by a popular guy in his college. He persuaded her by taking photos with the popular guy, claiming himself to be childhood friends. After they fell in love, their relationship started to flourish. When she came to know about the lie by speaking to the popular guy, she avoided Kabir. Then Kabir learnt about the stunts to win his love for Aminah, he raced with the popular guy. Due to an accident between the two happened, the popular guy died. Kabir survived but planned to fake his death for his new identity. He transformed himself from a sensitive nerd to an arrogant but much mature major.

I was shocked to know about it that I actually watched his videos, but I did not recognize him as he looked different from his present counterpart. I also kept the secret because I needed his permission. I felt it was a wise decision.

Another day, we travelled to Bandarban- the place where we find the real beauty of Bangladesh. It had full of mountains. I went above it. The weather was cold above but hot below. Suddenly, Kabir saw a man who was scared.  When he went near the man, he opened the shirt. It was revealed to be a suicide bomb.  He defused the bomb. As he looked paralyzed, the major gave him the treatment. As the man was recovered, he explained that there was a man named Aameer who planted that suicide bomb. I filmed the whole thing. Then he realized that he should go to the USA to catch the criminal.  According to assignments, his visa was granted by the government.

My visa was also granted. We got back to USA. Major Kabir was more of concerned than afraid when he arrived- similar to Jay Gatsby from the novel ‘The Great Gatsby’.  He stayed at my house and was busy by documenting his accounts in the computer.  Suddenly, someone rang the bell. When I opened the door, I saw a face of a woman-inch shorter than the major. She was healthy and beautiful. She was our neighbor Aminah who had an only child. Her teenage daughter, Afreen had similar attitude of that of Kabir’s previous behavior.  When she came in, she saw Kabir. She did not recognize him at first. Then Kabir recited a poem:-

Love grows forever,

Never underestimate them.

Love extends our future,

Never break them…

Even they are known or not,

Their love always blossom

She wept and hugged Kabir. She revealed that after the accident, she thought that Kabir died. Yet, Kabir’s plan was successful until; his news of saving people was spread in the media according to what she came to know. Afreen was actually Kabir’s child. She also revealed that when everyone came to know about his past, she was rejected by the boys who wanted to marry her. Now I realized that our neighbor was Kabir’s girlfriend (Yup ex but still lovers reunited). They hugged each other. Suddenly, Kabir got a call that their daughter was kidnapped. Kabir realized that it was Aameer, the mafia. Aminah arranged fake money. She came to Aameer and gave the fake money.

 When Aminah asked about the reason, Aameer replied that he wanted to promote inhumanity and destroy the Army Squadrons of Asia to kill Kabir to take revenge of his brother’s death from the past twenty years. He also revealed that his brother was none other than the popular guy.  Therefore, Kabir and I crashed the wall with the bulldozer. Kabir got down as he pointed the gun to Aameer. The US police took him to jail, the daughter was rescued and both lovers are reunited. After few months, Aameer was hanged to death. Aminah and Kabir got married but I am so unfortunate that even I get girls, they slap me a lot. All is well that ends well.