The train ride to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

They looked a bit upset when I asked them about their parents and family.

"My mom died when I was twelve and my dad didn't care about me so I ran away. I had a two year old brother then and he dissapeared, but thankfully I found him like few months ago." Thalia said.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I said softly with true sympathy for her. But for some reason, she scowled in response. "Did I say something wrong?" I asked in confusion.

"No, I really don't need any sympathy, many others have more messed up familes, ask Nico, his family is totally messed up."

"No it's not!" Cried Nico holtly.

"Yea it is, your mom and your sister died."

"At least I could visit them. You haven't seen your mom in like 10 years!"

"Well, its not my fault i'm not a daughter of-" Then Percy interrupted her in a different language. Their conversation turned into a heated one, I could tell because of the glares they were giving each other. They were all very scary. Especially the ones given by Thalia and Nico.
They argued for about ten minutes until I decided to butt in.

"Ummm... So what was that language?" They all turned to me and even though they weren't glaring, they could still look very intimidating.

"That was ancient greek, our first language."

"Woah, that's cool!" Exclaimed Harry "Do you speak any other languages?"

"Some Latin and obviously, English." Said Thalia.

"You forgot to say that I can speak Italian." Reminded Nico.

"Yeah, and I think you forgot to mention that I can speak fish and mermaid and horse and-"

Thalia gave him a painful nudge in the ribs.

"Not you can't. That's not even supposed to be possible."

Just then, that jerk Malfoy poked his head in our compartment and smirked.

"Looky who we have here. Potty, Mudblood, and Weasel. And what have you brought here?" He asked, eyeing the Americans somewhat curiously. "Mudblood, half-bloods, or purebloods?" Percy glared at him before answering

"Half-bloods." Malfoy sniffed disdainfully and said,

"At least you aren't filthy Mudbloods like her." He said jutting his chin in my direction. I knew he was just trying to get me angry so I did my best to ignore him and tried to hold down Harry and Ron, who both looked nearly ready to murder him. Then Malfoy, still curious about the Americans, asked other things about them.

"Where do you come from?"

"America." Said Percy

"Why are you here?"

"None of your buisnuss." Said Nico

"Does Dumbledore know you are coming?"

"Yes." Thalia said through gritted teeth.

"What is wrong with you all? Can't talk? Afraid me and my buddies here are going to beat you up?" He taunted as Crabbe and Goyle flexed their muscles. But it was clear that that wasn't the case. It was obvious that Malfoy was getting annoyed by the lack of information given to him.

Thalia seemed to be most provoked by Malfoy's jeering. She jumped out of her seat, startling all of us, and grabbed him by the collar. Lifting him up against the wall with both hands, she said,

"Get out of here and stop bugging your ugly nose into our buisnuss." Thunder rolled and lightning flashed outside my window. Thalia dropped Malfoy and he ran out, thoroughly afraid.

"Bloody hell mate, what was that?" gasped Ron, "I've never seen him so scared in his life! Served him right that bloody git." Thalia shrugged and sat down as if nothing had happened. Her cousins Percy and Nico seemed to have enjoyed the little scene Thalia made and were still grinning like maniacs when the trolley lady passed by our compartment with her cartfull of sweets.

"Is that candy? They have candy in England?" Percy gasped. "I want sooome!!" Thalia raised an eyebrow at him and rapped her knuckles against his skull.

"Hey, just a short reminder, we're in Scotland and secondly, why would they not have candy in England?"

After a few minutes, I found myself surrounded by Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Chocolate Frogs, Acid Pops, and many other sweets. The Americans had bought most of the cart and were now devouring the heads off the poor Chocolate Frogs.

Then, Percy proposed a contest.

"Whoever is able to eat the most jellybeans by the time we arrive at the school - without throwing up - will get this." He slid his hand in his back pocket and pulled out a large gold coin that seemed a bit wider than a galleon. Imprinted on the side a could see, was a very tall building that might've looked familiar.

"That's it?" complained Nico. Thalia also looked annoyed.

"Put in four more and I'm in." she bargained

"Deal. Everyone ready? 3 2 1... Go!"

I scooped up a handful of the jellybeans and tentatively bit into the first one.

It was grass flavor. Ignoring my screaming tastebuds, I swallowed it. I bore disgusting tastes in my mouth until I was at the number twelve, where I had one of dandelion stem flavor, which I spit out of my mouth.

Unlike me, the rest survived much longer than I. Between 30-40 jellybeans everyone but Percy and Ron had thrown up. They both stopped at 47, when Percy got one that tasted like raw egg and Ron had one that tasted like vomit. He thew up when he got that one.

For the rest of the trip, we talked about random things. The Americans acted normal but at times I felt like they were hiding something when we asked a question too personal.
Whenever I looked in their eyes I could see a tint of great sadness, as if they had seen terrible things. Especially Nico's and Percy's eyes had a kind of brokenness in them. I wondered what they had to go through that must be that terrifying.

When we got to the carriages, the Americans behind us gasped.

"What are those?" Percy asked Nico.

"They are are Therestrals, there are a lot of those in my dad's kingdom. Seen only by those who have seen death" he said soflty, but I heard him and I'm sure Harry and Ron did too. We exchanged wondering glances.

His dad's kingdom? There are actual horses pulling the carriages? I wonder who's death they had seen? Then I remembered they had said that Thalia's mom and Nico's mom and sister had died. Who did Percy see die? Stop it Hermione, I said to myself, its not your business.

Together with the Americans we walked over to one of the carriages and climbed in. Along the way, Percy was rambling about how some girl named Annebeth would love this place. Even though Thalia and Nico never seemed suprised, they certainly were when they saw Hogwarts.

"I'm not a bit like Annebeth but I know a good piece of architecture when I see one" said Thalia with a gaping mouth.

When we got to the entrance, Professor Mcganagoll separated the Americans from us to be sorted with the first years. I wondered what houses they would be in.

Hey guys, 1850 words. Yay! Tell me what you think!
- AlwaysBooks7