The Accident

being me is pretty cool, I mean, other than not being aloud to go to the mall, or the movies, or go trick or treating with my friends, life can be pretty exciting. I love going to my half sisters place and throwing things at her chickens and watching them run, but I always end up getting in trouble. I get into lots of trouble. I know, its not good to get into trouble but what's life without a little chaos? Am I right? Anyways, I have had a pretty hard childhood. when I was 5, I was an easygoing, loving little kid. I loved learning new things and putting them to use. like when I learned how to use the microwave, I put it to use by heating up my food, genius idea right? I also loved going to my friends places. I had one school friend that I would always go and see because her mom and my mom were really good friends. that's where the accident happened.

One night I was at my school friends place for a sleepover, and things were going great!!!!!! Movies, popcorn, candy!!! you name it!!!!! But there was one thing that me and my friend, Eva, really wanted. Sour gummy bears. Our favourite!!!!! Eva and I complained that we really wanted to have them, and my mom kept saying no. Finally she just lost it and screamed "No Dakotah" and so I said, "I hate you"

My mom grabbed her coat and stormed out of the house and just left. Eva's mom ran after her and they were both gone, so me and Eva just went to bed being as it was just us.

Hours later I woke up in a police car. I was scared, and kept asking for my mom and asked where she was, they only replied "We are not the ones to tell you that."

I fell back asleep, and I don't remember much of what happened later that night, though I was told I went and played with Eva for a little while and my auntie told me what happened, but I didn't remember at all, so she told me the next day.

I felt awful. The last words I said to her were 'I hate you' and it hurt. those last words should have been 'i love you' and it hurts me to this very day.

My mom did go to the store and get those gummy bears for us. She was on her way home, and she was hit by a truck. the man that hit her had been drunk and wasn't paying any attention. My mom died in the hospital, no one saw her in the hospital before she died. They were just erasing her name off the board as my auntie walked in.

Every day I say it was my fault and it hurts me. But when I try to tell one of my "friends" they just say "no it wasn't, stop being a retard" but they don't understand. they don't know what actually happened. I have never told anyone the true story before. Only Eva and her mom know but I have not seen them for six years and I will probably never see them again.