God Ascension - The prologue

For eons, tales of great deities and Gods have spread around the world and became part of a culture for millions.   These millions have ascribed to their God's will and continue to spread their word.  

Many of these followers, however, don't truly know how planet Earth as they know it came to be. Aseities; all-powerful beings who spawned from the darkness of the universe itself crafted their own land and legions of people to govern over.

 Each piece of land was considered to be a  dwarf planet.  For example, Asia was originally a colony of terrestrial bodies governed by Gods such as Brahma, Izanagi, and the jade emperor.  

This order continued for several millennia until the great convergence happened. This was an event in which every aseity joined forces to merge every planet into one body known as Earth. 

To avoid the calamity such an event would cause, the aseities wiped out the human race save for a select few who were chosen to repopulate and spread their influence. 

The aseities have since then formed a council called causa sui where they guide over the fate over all existence.No mortal knew why exactly such an event happened but that ignorance will soon be broken.

AUTHORS NOTE

* So glad I was finally able to write the much-needed prologue for God Ascension. It just didn't feel right using some boring info dump so I believe a prologue was the best way to go. To tell you about the story you're about to read, it's best defined as very cultural. The keen reader will be able to notice various references to different cultures and religions. This is in part due to my high interest in such things and this story being inspired by anime such as Shaman King, fate stay night and soul eater. In fact, the picture up top is from shaman king flowers, the sequel manga. Just to let you know  God Ascension is only one part of a series I have planned out which is called the convergence of souls chronicles. Each part will have three or four predominant mythologies to focus on and a central cultural theme. I consider convergence of souls to be my life's work so please give it a read.