"Shut up!" Bebe snarled and briskly turned away, beginning to walk in the direction of the cafeteria.

"Say hi to your girlfriend for me!" Craig called after her.

"Wendy is not my girlfriend!" Bebe yelled, offended by the thought of her and her best friend together. "I'm - I'm not like that! I'm not - "

He cut her off by turning on his heel, flipping her off over his shoulder, and striding out of the school.

***

"Damn it," Craig hissed as his lighter flickered out again, an unlit cigarette dangling crookedly from his mouth. As he tried again to light the cigarette, his lighter lamely sparked in response. He groaned and irritably shoved his lighter back into his pocket whilst mumbling, "What a piece of shit."

He plucked the cigarette out of his mouth and stuffed it back into his pack, yet the craving for a smoke kept inwardly jabbing at him. He had to give into the urge, to release his frustration.

Maybe the goth kids could lend me their lighter? he wondered and though he doubted that they would, he thought that he might as well ask. Craig turned the corner and began to walk to the other side of the school, abandoning his usual smoking spot to where the goth kids usually moped around during school hours.

As he approached, he came to the realization that the goth kids weren't sulking around on the steps to the backdoor of the school like usual. In fact, he saw someone else huddled and shaking on the stairs in their place. Someone that didn't normally belong there.

"Oh my god - oh my god - oh my god - he's going to kill me after school," was what Tweek Tweak kept repeating to himself, as he sat shivering from the cold on the back steps of the school.

Craig raised his eyebrows, surprised that Tweek was outside. He was the last person he'd expect to skip class, though today seemed to be different for him. It's not everyday that Cartman announced to kick Tweek's ass after school. No wonder he seemed more panicked than usual.

"Hey, Tweek," Craig greeted simply and as he stepped closer to the steps, Tweek let out a screech.

"AH! W-What do you want?" he yelped, flinching and shielding himself away from Craig. "Please don't kill me! Did C - GAH - Cartman send you?"

Taken aback, Craig froze and said, "What? No."

"O-Oh." Tweek relaxed a bit and scooted to the edge of the step, as if giving him permission to sit down, which he did.

When he sat down, he studied Tweek, who was still mumbling to himself frantically. One moment, his hands were fidgeting with the buttons on his long sleeved shirt and the next, they were rustling through his blonde hair nervously. He wouldn't stop shaking and Craig guessed it was from the cold and out of anxiety. He wondered if he could get him to calm down.

"GAH! Why are you st-staring at me?" Tweek demanded, snapping Craig out of his thoughts.

"Sorry," muttered Craig, realizing that he hadn't taken his eyes off of the boy since he said hello to him. Then, he remembered why he went there in the first place and asked, "Do you have a lighter on you?"

This was definitely not a good question to ask because Tweek's eyes widened and he began to ramble, "A lighter?! Jesus, why would I keep a lighter on me? D-do you know how easily I could light myself o-on fire? God, I bet C-Cartman would be happy if I lit myself on fire - wait, wh-what if he plans to light me on fire after school? Oh, Jesus, I -"

"Dude," Craig interrupted. "Calm down."

"S-sorry," Tweek apologized, his left eye twitching a bit. "Why do you ask anyway?"