Anything You Say Can and Will Be Held Against You

It had been three weeks since the incident on the quinjet and I hadn't seen or heard from anyone. Not Aurora, not Daisy, not Coulson, not even Robbie. The only reason I still hear from my dad and Donnie is because I have to. I try to ask what's going on but neither one will tell me much. I know Tori was there for a minute but she won't tell me anything either. She's also been spending more time with Mason. Ash will swing by my apartment from time to time but even she's keeping me in the dark. I hate not knowing. It makes me feel useless. I guess it comes from a lack of control. Like the fire inside me. I couldn't control it for a good part of my life. Now I have some control. Some.

I was sitting at my table eating some breakfast when a knock at the door caught my attention. I got up and made my way to the door. "Just a second." I called. I opened the door and saw Robbie standing there.

"Robbie. Hey..."

"Hey." He started clearing his throat. "Can I come in?" I nodded and opened the door wide enough for him to pass through.  He walked in not really saying anything he just looked around. I closed the door standing behind him.

"You uh want something to drink or eat or whatever?" I asked trying to be a hostess sort of.

"Water." He said not looking at me. I made my way to kitchen looking for a bottle water while I heard him pull a chair out for himself. Neither one of us said a word to each other. I'm not sure why. My only guess would be the incident. I handed him the water and sat across from him. "Thanks."

He took a sip still a silence between us that was making me uncomfortable. He then set his water down and finally looked at me. "Listen about  what happened on the quinjet between your dad and I. I'm-"

"Don't. Just don't say what you don't mean." I said cutting him off. He looked at me then at the table and let out a breath.

"If I didn't mean it, then why would I come all this way to say it." He said drinking some more water. All I could do was shrug. He had a point but it didn't change how I felt about apologizing. More or less when I'm not sure they're being sincere. I let out a breath and looked at him.

"How do I know you're not just trying to clear your conscious? You fought my dad and kept going after he went back to normal. We were just glad that we have a healing factor. I get Coulson is your friend but you bloodied my dad up." He didn't look at me he just stayed quiet.

We sat there silent for another ten minutes when he set down the water for the last time.

"I don't expect you to forgive me. At least not yet. Just let me ask you something." I raised an eyebrow but nodded. "Would you be asking me for forgiveness if it was the other way around?" I froze at his question. It did make me wonder. If I was in his position, would I apologize? Would I ask for his forgiveness? I wasn't sure. I guess my guilt would be too much for me to face him. Then again, I don't have vengeance in me. I wouldn't hurt anyone like that. No one's perfect though. I sighed and looked at him.

"I wouldn't have done what you did but if I had I wouldn't be able to face you. I respect you for that." Robbie didn't say anything. He just stared at me. It was getting weird and a little uncomfortable. "Still trying to figure me out?" I asked. He chuckled.

"No I'm just surprised."

"At what?" I asked

"You're response. I was waiting on you to say something sarcastic." I couldn't help but frown at him.

"I may be cynical but I have a heart!" Robbie just gave me a smirk while I scoffed and made my way to the kitchen sink. I could feel him watching me. I turned on the water not saying a word.