❂ Prominent Historical Figures ❂

zach mcgowen﹒antolios seatomb

Antolios was forced to escape slavery in Valyria with his brothers and sisters due to falling in love with a high born lady and getting caught in the act by her brother-husband. She was brutally murdered when trying to defend Antolios and he took his fellow slaves in as brothers and sisters in a ship as stowaways that they soon took as their own. He was one of the founding pirate lords that created the Pirate Court consisting of nine lords and wrote part of the pirate code. Most of his brothers and sisters were hunted down by pirates that refused to follow the code which led him to sail across the narrow sea to Westeros. He made port in Dorne where he made friends with the Martells before heading north where he sailed past the Iron Islands. Stories differ from Greyjoy to Seatomb whether Antolios started a fight between the King of the Iron Islands at the time and vise versa or if a brother of Antolios had seduced the Kings daughter and taken her with them when they landed at Sea Dragon Point to fight the northerners for land. The week before they landed, Antolios and his siblings had claimed a shark sigil as their own, adorning their bodies with numerous tattoos of the animal including tattooing their faces of a sharks jaw. The tattoos were passed down from generation to generation as one of the signs of coming of age and are still in use. 

❂❂❂

zita görög﹒kreka seatomb

Kreka was named so in hopes of appeasing the Greyjoys and convincing them to make peace with a marriage between the houses. She unfortunately had to take command of the Seatomb army when her older brother, Nikolaos Seatomb, was struck down by a pirate raiding party but refused to take place as Lady of the Embar Isles. In this time, she was finally introduced to Harlon Greyjoy and she soon decided to stay on his ship for when they decided to get married. She gave birth to Athyenis Seatomb while aboard her betrothed ship The Salt Storm and was forced to watch him be executed by pirates a day before their wedding two years after their daughter's birth. During Aegons Conquest, she refused to meet with any Greyjoys for an alliance and instead refused to take part in the wars that surged on around them. It was during the First Dornish War did she deplete all Seatomb forces to their allies and sent the rest of the people that weren't fighting, across the Narrow Sea and into Essos to hide out the long war.

❂❂❂

rhona mitra﹒athyenis seatomb 

Athyenis lead the Seatomb army alongside her mother during the First Dornish War despite her young age. She was the last woman to uphold the tradition of sailing for five years at sea and used that time to attack the Targaryen Naval forces while evading their dragon fire. When her mother died, years after the war, she married a Bravosi sellsword that traveled across the Narrow Sea when bringing her people back home to The Embar Isles. He took the Seatomb name and Athyenis named him the new Lord of the Embar Isles with herself as the Lady.

❂❂❂

eva green﹒athya seatomb

Athya Seatomb was one of the greatest Pirate Lords of her time, nearly reaching the rank of King of the Pirate Court if not for her sudden return to Westeros to resume her families duty's. She started sailing when she was twenty-three, refusing to resume the ancient tradition that her ancestor Athyenis finished so she could weed her way into a Targaryen Prince's heart and someday become queen. During her rule, she gave the crown numerous advantages in sea trades and even dabbled in the black market if her lover and children so wished. All but one child held Valyrian looks, and she favoured the child so much that when her older brother died with no heir for The Embar Isles, she sent him to take the Lordship.