°°•..Chapter 4: Beach Time..•°°

Start from the beginning

“I wanna go on the island. ” Lily bounce.

Wow for a kid at four she's really active. I look at the partway to see that the tides were high. If it was Josh and I alone we could of made it to the other side, but with Lily.. I can't risk that. I knelt down facing her,

“We can't.. The tide is too high.” I said calmly.

Lily stomp her feet as she pursed her lips displeased, “Mi war go!” [I want to go.]

When Lily's being stubborn or when she's upset she tends to switch from Standard English to Vincy Creole.

“This addi last time mi ah go dey yah!” [This is the last time am going to be here!] She started crying. I look at her confused.

“What?” I asked. ‘The last time she's going to be here?....What does that mean?’

“Lily come here.” josh called her. She ran from me towards him. I stood up as she ran in his arms. He then whispered in her ears her face brightened up immediately.

“Really?” she asked.

He nodded as she cheered, he then place her down and look at me, “Don't worry she was just throwing a tantrum.”

“Okay.”

“Hurry up Josh let's go to villa.” she said eagerly.

“Alright let's go.” he said.

We began walking back to the truck, before entering I stop Josh, “Hey what did you promise her?” I asked.

He laugh, “You'll see when we reach.”

I frown, “Fine.” we both enter the truck, I look at the digital clock in the truck, ‘11:30.’ while Lily jumped in my lap.

“Am sowwiee Ria.” she apologized playing with her fingers.

I awe insides as I smiled, “Don't worry about it. I forgive you.” She turn her head around and smiled.

I heard Josh chuckled before he started the truck and drove off to Villa beach.

***
[Image of Villa Beach at the beginning of story.]⬆

After looking for a good spot away from the sun, not much people was on the beach so it was easy to find a good spot for us. I helped Josh spread the blanket under the almond tree as Lily played in the sand.  I look at the time.

“Isn't it time for lunch?” I asked. I was laying down on the spread out blanket nibbling on some biscuits that Josh had give me. I turn on my back, looking up at the tree leaves.

“Oh yeah..” Josh murmured then look at Lily who was running to and from the water, ”Hey lily!” She stop running as I host myself up, “It's lunch time!”

She ran towards us as Josh sets out our lunch,

“Wow..” I said.

“Yeah mom went a bit overboard.” he said laughing awkwardly.

I looked at the cutted roasted breadfruit with barbecued leg quarter, drench in sauce and cooked corn on the side with potato salad.

I watch as Lily dig into her lunch I then laugh, “I think we can handle it.”

I smile then joined her afterwards.

...

“I won't stop telling you that your mom's a good cook.” I said taking the last bite out the potato salad. I found myself eating a lot today, maybe because I skip dinner and breakfast.