19. concert in a can

Start from the beginning

Leo gave me a look and said, "Come on."

"What?" I asked him confused.

"You have a crush on Marcus!"

"That's crazy! No I don't." I said, even though we both knew that I was lying.

"Mhm, okay. Whatever you say princess." Leo said to me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up."

———

Later on, we met up with Marcus at lunch. Leo was still in line getting his food while Adam, Chase, and I listened to Marcus tell us more about himself.

"So me and my dad moved around a lot. I was homeschooled for most of my life." He was telling us.

"No way! So were we! We are so similar. Do you have a third nipple too?" Adam asked him. My eyes widened at Adam, and Marcus got a weird look on his face.

I leaned over to Marcus and said, "You don't have to answer him when he says things like that."

"I wasn't really sure how to anyways." He said to me with a slight laugh.

"Anyway, that's a pretty sweet guitar, Marcus." Chase said to him as I was busy watching Adam attempt to pick up a chicken nugget with chop sticks.

"Yeah, and you're a natural, bro! Guys, we should start a band!" Marcus suggested, more to the boys than me.

"Oh, that's a great idea! But what would I play?" Adam asked as he began to hit his chop sticks against the table. I mentally facepalmed myself. Then he said, "Oh I got it... no, I don't got it."

"I think you're going to be our drummer, Adam." Marcus said to him. I admired the fact that he actually had some patience for Adam. Even though I loved Adam to death, my patience with him was starting to run a little low.

"Hm, interesting choice. I'd been pondering the French horn." He said as he ate a bite of his food. Chase, Marcus, and I gave him weird looks. I'm surprised he even knew what the word pondering was.

When Leo finally came to the table with his food, Chase told him, "Leo, guess what? Marcus, Adam, and I are forming a band!"

"Well, you guys just met. Don't you think it's a little soon?" Leo asked him.

Chase laughed slightly and asked, "A little soon for what? Taking the deeply committed step of jamming together?"

"Now we just need to find some place to practice. I live in a pretty small place so." Marcus said.

"Oh, I know a place. The lab!" Adam said. Chase and I choked on our drinks while Leo coughed at Adam. He seemed to realize what he said, and quickly said, "Oh! Labrador Retriever Park! Yeah, the dog park. Nice acoustics, plus they have dogs. Saved it!" He quietly sang to us.

"Well, you know Marcus, we have a pretty big place. We can all just jam there." Chase suggested. That's when Leo decided to intervene.

"Woah, woah, woah! Hold your horses, cowboy!" He said as he grabbed Adam, Chase, and I and lead us away from Marcus, "Chase, what are you doing? Do you really think it's a good idea to let a total stranger into our very private home?"

Marcus must've heard Leo because he stood up and said, "It's okay guys. We don't have to jam. Not everyone needs a bright spot in their otherwise horrible life." He looked away from us and you could tell he was starting to get a little upset.

"Leo, stop! You're making him feel bad!" I said as I smacked his arm.

"Don't worry, Marcus. We can practice at our place later. Come on over." Chase said to him.