Chapter 1

It's midnight the sounds of crickets filled the air along with the swooshes of passing by cars flowed through the open window like water flowing in a stream. Dave Goswami a biologist at george washington university was sitting in his home office he was onto something that could change the world literally. Dave called it project "re-growth" in theory he could take a tree and propagate then inject it with disaccharide shortening the growth time needed to become a fully grown tree. Dave was optimistic in his experiments but had an issue with his catalyst it wasn't quite perfected. Dave began to become frustrated so he backed off and went to grab a cup of water as he walked the floor boards under him creaked because of the old age of his home he lived by old stone house park where some of the oldest homes of the united states were located. when he reached the kitchen he grabbed himself a glass turned on the cold water then a brief radaling of the pipes vibrated some cabinets above the sink then the water shot out. Dave then proceeded to fill his cup and drink, then walked to his living room and watched his favorite tv show cnn. Dave watched in amusement because it was a special report on Donald trump. Dave whispered to himself the words "media junkie if it's not him it's the kardashians" he then let out a subtle chuckle as he got up and and turned off the tv as he pressed the power button something came more interesting than Donald Trump popped on tv he backed away and articulated the words "what they cut off self obsessed Trump?" he watched as a reporter came on an addressed the public that an incoming meteorite shower was inbound for earth and that more information will come in as the story develops. Dave thought nothing of it and resided to his bedroom to get some sleep. while Dave was asleep he woke up to a phone call from the smithsonian it was his good friend tyler o'connor he was frantic as he spoke to dave as if he were afraid for his life. dave uttered the words "woah woah slow down tyler what's wrong" in a sleepy in confused voice.
Tyler replied "It's... It's something you have to see to believe"
Dave turned to look at his clock it's 5:40am "can't it wait" dave pleaded
"No" shouted tyler. "look just get here" demanded tyler
dave sighed and proceeded to get ready to got to the smithsonian. He turned on the shower, he grabbed some clothes, and he turned on his favorite artist nat king cole. After he was finished with his shower and getting dressed he grabbed his keys and rushed out to his car. once he reached 17th street he noticed a fleet of police cars even though he was next to the white house there were more police than usual. when dave arrived he saw tyler pacing back and forth in an angry fashion then when tyler saw dave he was even more infuriated and dave the dave's facial expression went from what's wrong with him to oh god.
"where the hell were you dave it's a quarter past seven" shouted tyler with a
dave then replied "I was jus-" 
"never mind that take a look at these photographs" Tyler said cutting dave's response off
"yea these are those meteorites that are inbound for earth right" dave said
"right but you just have to see this for yourself come inside" Demanded tyler. Dave and tyler then proceeded to walk in the building and head to the observatory where tyler logs into his computer after the pc boots up tyler then proceed to show satellite feed of the meteors.
Dave looks at the video with _________ look on his face and says
" yea looks like the news footage"
"yea but wait for THERE"
"what I miss" dave exclaimed
"pay attention dave damn now i'm gonna rewind it back. Ok now watch closely"
tyler then proceeds to show dave that those meteorites stopped mid flight  and not with a gradual slow down but with a sudden halt.  The fear in dave's eyes started to show as they grew bigger and he start to blink less. dave walks off slowly with one hand on his hip and the other on his mouth. tyler still sitting at the computer turns and looks at dave and says
"well" in a low monotonous voice
dave then rushes back over to tyler and requested that they have to tell the president .
"no need nasa knew before we did in fact there moving the president as we speak" tyler replies
"that explains all those cops on 17th street"
"yea they're moving him to his secure location" tyler says with a worried look on his face.
dave notices the look on his face and tries to tell him to relax and go home to his wife and kids and not to worry. Dave then tells tyler he has to leave and heads back home to make a few calls to some friends at the white house. on his way dave sees the presidential motorcade leaving toward ronald reagan airport. once through the blockade of police cars dave made his way home. when dave pulled up in front of his home he rushed in and grabbed his home phone and proceeded to call his friend daniel who was the president's chief staff to see if he has any insight on the situation with "meteorites". daniel answered but before dave could say anything daniel says he will call him as soon as he gets on board air force one and hangs up swiftly. Dave lets out a long drawn out sigh and proceeds to his living room where he awaits Daniels call. 10 minutes later the phone rings dave hurries to answer the phone it's Daniel and wants to talk to him in person. the only problem is he's in Texas dave tells him that's not an issue due to the circumstances happening. Dave then contacts his travel advisor to get him a plane ticket to Houston. Dave then packs up and waits till monday morning to leave dc. on monday dave gears up and heads to the airport he knows it's gonna be a long 3 hour trip so he brung some research to pass the time. dave is on the plane and a 1 hour into his ride when the plane encounters some turbulence dave gets really nervous as the plane shakes then after 2 minutes of shaking dave is relieved and gets back to work. once they land dave calls daniel to notify him of his arrival it's about 7:10 am and dave is ready to hear what happening in space so daniel send a friend from nasa to pick dave up. once his driver arrives and helps dave put his bags in a police escort to speed up the long hours drive to the space base. once they arrive daniel is there waiting to brief him on the situation.
"good to see you Daniel"
"good to see you to Dave" replies daniel with a smile on his face
"now i know you want to know what's happening why i was so eager to bring you here. well as you know so far  there's something in space and those so called meteors aren't meteors but alien spaceship" says Daniel
Dave looks at Daniel with a blank expression and realize that they're not alone in the universe. daniel takes dave deep into the space center  and underground to their space monitoring center. when dave entered the room he noticed three huge screen displaying the ship in almost 720p dave looks at the ship and sees writing with some sort of symbols then alarms start to blare all around and one man starts to yell
"its moving it's moving"
"contact the president"
then an image of the back of the ship shows its engines firing up and the ship starts to crawl the pilots of the satellites try to move out of the way of the ship but the ship's speed was much greater than that of the human tech. The ship approaches the satellite and it collides with everyone starts to run around the room In mass chaos and the director of nasa Charles Bolden yells "Get orion up and running" Daniel then immediately dials the president's phone to inform him of the situation at hand and then hangs up and turns to Dave with a worried expression on his face and says "Come on" they then rush up the stairs to talk to Bolden. Daniel shouts "Bolden, how long til we can get a visual" Bolden in frustration sighs and says "I don't know 5 maybe 10 minutes depends on if the ship is still there" a man then rushes in and frantically says "sir the nsa says there satellites are being hacked" then in the situation room a man yells "were up and have a visual" Bolden then rushes to the balcony and says "Good now keep a good distant" as the observe the notice it has a satellite in its possession Dave then suggests "Could that be the nsa satellite that's being hacked" Bolden then uttered "oh god" then yelled "TELL THEM TO SHUT IT DOWN TELL THE NSA TO SHUT DOWN THEIR SATELLITES"