Getting Closer

Sonic's POV

After work is done Chibi and i walk home. While we're on the way Chibi kept staring at me with those weird suspicious eyes. I guess it's the gift basket he's curious at.

"Who's that from?" He asked.

"I don't know...Amy said this visitor wanted their identity to be a secret" i shrugged.

Chibi looked slightly irritated for some reason and i don't know why. Why is it bothering him so much? When we made it back Chibi walk angrily to the bathroom and close the door, locking it.

"Geez, what's gotten into him?" I sigh.

I placed the gift on top of the coffee table. I took the ribbon off and tear the plastic away. I sigh again and hesitatingly grab the note. I open it to see what's written on it.

Hello,

I know you might be confused but i just wanted to give this gift to you since i think you deserve it. I would really like to talk to you tomorrow if i get the chance. I don't know your name yet since i didn't get the chance to ask but i hope you're happy with the gift i gave you.

My heart started to beat faster. I clearly don't know who this is and this visitor is definitely not gonna tell me who they are. I'm kind of scared yet happy at the same time. I smiled to myself.

"If only i know who you are i'd say thank you..."

I placed the note down the table and  stare at the gift. I took the teddy in my hand and holy chaos it's so freakin' soft! I went to the bedroom and place it on top of a long table i have near the wall. I went back and take a look at the bouquet. It's real flowers! I searched for an unused vase and quickly place the flowers there, pour some water in it and put the vase on the living room. Now that's left is the box. I open it and saw chocolates, i was correct.

"So who's that from? Did they put their name on it?"

I turn around and saw Chibi pouting. He finished his bath with a towel on his head.

"No...this visitor really don't want me to find out who they are" i sighed.

"Hmmm" he said, looking at me suspiciously.

"I'm serious!" I said.

"Alright i believe you" he said before turning around and walk away to the bedroom.

I placed the chocolate in the fridge, maybe i'll eat it after dinner with Chibi if he want to that is. Right now i need to take a bath before cooking.

~~~

The next day, Chibi and i were at the library. I actually asked Chibi to stay home and rest but he kept insisted to go with me. It's like he's forcing me to take him with me. I guess he loves books? Who knows. Or maybe he only likes to hang out with Tails since it looks like they always play together. I'm not forbidding Chibi to come but i just want to make sure he's well cared. I don't want him to get sick.

I replaced some books that are placed recklessly by some visitors on the shelf and then went to check some notes. When i finished looking through the note i felt a tap on my shoulder and i turn around. It was that black hedgehog who usually borrowed books from here. I smiled.

"Can i help you?"

"Um...no, actually...i just wanted to ask for your name"

"Oh, i'm Sonic The Hedgehog" i said as i kept smiling. He smiled back.

"I'm Shadow The Hedgehog, i was the one who gave you that gift basket yesterday"

I blinked for a second, trying to process his words in my head. I blushed a little.

"You? So...y-you- uh- i don't know what to say haha i'm very flustered" i smiled shyly.

"It's okay. So did you liked what i gave you?"

"Yeah, thank you so much! But...why did you gave me that?"

"Like i said on the note...you deserve it" he smiled.

I smiled back. So he's the one who gave me the gift! I don't even know him yet he thought i deserve it. He's so nice.

"Geez, Shadow we barely know eachother" i laughed.

"I know but i've been admiring you for quite a while"

"Really? Why would you admire someone like me? You look more admirable than me" i asked.

"Heheh...well i think you're so passionate about your work eventhough it's just a simple organizing books. And that's very admirable"

I blushed a little. He's too nice!

"Really?" He nodded.

"And i think you're very cute"

I froze. Hold on! Did he just call me cute?! That's kind of weird but why the heck am i blushing? We don't really know eachother!

"A-ahaha...Shadow- geez stop that" i blushed as i laughed nervously.

He suddenly hold both of my hands and raise them a little. He smirked at me.

"I mean what i said, Sonic"

Oh damn, i never knew this guy has such a charming smirk- what in the world am i thinking! Snap out of it Sonic!

"Shadow i appreciate it but...um...maybe we could take it slow? Uh...w-we just met and it's all too confusing for me" i smiled nervously.

"Sure, we could be friends first" he said as he let go of my hand.

"Um...first? What's second?" I asked.

"Second, i'll try to get closer to you"

I blushed again.

"Ahaha! Shadow, geez!" I laughed with a red face as i slap his arm lightly.

"Haha, i guess i'll see you tomorrow?" He said.

"Yeah, of course!" I smiled.

"Okay then, see you" he said before leaving.

I stood there looking at the large window, staring at Shadow who went to his car and drove away. What was that all about? I suddenly can't wait to meet him again. I shake my head and make a fist on my hand. Back to work, Sonic!